Road rage extreme. Police to issue tickets

Mozzie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A119, B1W, A119S, A129+ Duo
This guy tried to force his way in at the last second. He then decided to take make his point in front of many motorists that he stopped. This video was taken straight to the police. They were very impressed by the video quality of the A119.

They said there will be a few tickets being issued to this guy. They recognised him in the video before any checks were done.

Too much steroid use affected his brains, and soon his wallet (tickets).

Jail/prison is the only solution to set this guy straight,or some bad ass dude who's more crazy than him.

That was a very short word he had with you!

Pity your microphone seems to have a malfunction :(

I have a feeling that if I had a similar encounter and brought the video to police, they'd just say "that sucks but there's nothing we can do since we didn't witness it"
Why they wouldnt beileve your dashcam video?That is evidence like any other video.

And after it all as the drive set off again, another guy seem to try the same squeezing thru on the Left before that lane end again.

Credit to the A119, the mic did not fail. I muted the video to avoid Youtube music copyright issues. My daughter thought it was going to end worst. He came to the window and tied to open the door. Lucky the car has auto-locking doors. Many cars were banked up behind us, pissed off and blowing their horns. I was looking for an exit path. I could not back up and the only way out was over him onto the other side of the road.

The cops were good and do accept the video if it is good quality and recent. Having a scared daughter also helped.

I have a feeling that if I had a similar encounter and brought the video to police, they'd just say "that sucks but there's nothing we can do since we didn't witness it"

As the saying goes "..... if at first you don't succeed ..." Try a different police station or try another time (next shift).

That would be the likely response I'd get here where the Cops are mostly drawn from the dregs :( But even if they cannot or will not officially act, have them document that you reported it (and save the vid) in case you should come across that individual again- then you've got the provable background of their intent to do harm which will make the next time prosecutable :sneaky: And if your local media has a community investigative reporter, send them a copy with a request that they do some investigating. If that's a TV station and they do investigate, chances are that they will put the idiots actions on TV for all to see :ROFLMAO:

Nothing is more satisfying than to let your opponent do themself in without you having to do any more than watch them do it :D

Phil

Social media is good for getting action on this type of thing, community outrage often forces the authorities into action, have seen it plenty of times before

Depending on the jurisdiction and rules of the court....it could be presented. Some cases require witnesses...officer has to see it to charge....video is changing some of this now but still, a lot of questions have to be answered in order to do so. This one...here in the US, I'd present the case as long as the dash cammer validated the video under oath, we could get it in. You could certainly argue a lot on the defense side of it as well, but either way, I'd give it a go. Even if I lost, Mr. 1980s shorts guy would definitely consider the money spent, stress and consequences before engaging in round two on his next outing....and if that was the case...then at the worst...it's still a win.

Indeed this points out the need for legal changes. Almost everywhere you can bring assault or property endangerment charges against someone with only one person's testimony and any kind of evidence that an incident occurred. That's flimsy proof and is often overturned yet it is allowed and prosecuted, while here where you again have the same thing- one person (the cam owner) making a legal complaint with proof of an incident occurring, there are many places where it will not be followed up or prosecuted even with the much more solid evidence backing it. With such a poor effort being put forth by those governments to protect the innocent, is it any wonder why people get angered on the roads and act on that themselves? :sick:

If a Government and it's Law Enforcement agencies wants the support of it's community of citizens, then it has to make itself worthy of that support by properly protecting them. And if a Government will not do that effectively then they are as bad as the criminals and should be treated similarly by the good people there
o_O

I'm glad nobody got hurt here and that there will be action taken as it is clearly necessary. I just hope that whatever punishment is meted out will be effective enough to prevent a recurrence.

Phil

I have witnessed a similar situation where a larger car took the racing line across a roundabout, severely cutting up the car driving correctly.
Moron jumped out of his 4x4 & started screaming & shouting at the guy in front of me, ended up ripping his wipers off!
I think the red mist must've descended as the guy in front drove forwards, pushing the moron back towards his own car. He then jumped away to the side whereupon the guy pushed the moron's driver's door, bending it right back against the wing.
He drove off, leaving the moron looking at his 'baby' & sobbing his eyes out. Witnessing the whole incident (and on camera), I pulled alongside with my NS window down & told the moron that he only had himself to blame.
I put an anonymous post on a few local sites to the effect that I had dashcam evidence of the incident - but nobody got in touch. I wouldn't have given it to the moron for his insurance, as I told him at the scene - he only had himself to blame. Big car, small brain, smaller penis & quite possibly on steroids so maybe a case of 'roid rage?

I've seen a few of the Russian dashcam videos of of road rage where the cam car ended up either running over the rager who was being aggressive towards them, or crashing through the open door of the rager's vehicle to get away.

Aaaaand ... that's why I decided to stop leaving a gap in front of me big enough to cut into. And why I refuse to open a gap when someone thinks they have a God-given right to overtake in a lane that's coming to an end/not allowed/reserved for turns/etc.etc. They chose that lane, they can damn well stay there. They get the upsides and the downsides of their choice, they come as a package!

The uk Police would not act on this, a very recent event on our roads showed a car overtake another then some way up the road turned around drove head on into car with cam and REPEATEDLY backed up and rammed it over and over, caught in perfect image on dashcam in daylight fully visible, NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO PROSECUTE, is what they said, despite finding cars owner, same with a TURNERS(truck firm)SEMI/ARTIC lorry going wrong way around a roundabout, every other truck manages this very big roundabout, this driver faced no action from the police, on youtube under wrong way driver roundabout A14.
I am glad you shared this with the police and they did something, this could be especially traumatic to a lone female, hope he tries it on brock lesnar or similar next time, I think that would stop him ha ha

Back