Road Rage, w/gun, IL/WI? , US (Video from both parties)

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
This is kind of interesting. The first video is from the phone of a driver who was stopped in traffic, and claims he got out of his car to see why the driver of the red jeep had been honking incessantly at him? He claims he thought something may be falling off of his car, or ???? (Not sure why he had phone ready?)

“All I did was get out of my car because he kept beeping at a dead stop. I thought I hit something or he was trying to alert me that I’m dragging something behind my car. I had no idea he was upset and angry with me,” Surroz said.
“I don’t even know why! He was just behind me holding on the horn so I got out in dead stop traffic trying to figure out what the heck is going on,” he added.

The second video is from the red jeep, not sure if an actual dash cam or a dash cam program on a smartphone? The audio has been deleted supposedly to cover up this guy honking. He is a CCW holder, and feels threatened, pulls a gun, orders the other driver to get back in his car. Then he flees. Guess who has been arrested?

And arrested, after he was initially not charged.

I'm curious why he had a CCW after an assault conviction in 2014?

Apparently he is an ex fireman, (who is deathly afraid of Mini drivers) and active in local politics.

:)

Seems like the Mini driver has plenty of experience of people pointing guns at him, hardly reacted other than to look for a license plate to record! Maybe that is normal in USA? If it was here the gunman would probably be treated as a terrorist and shot dead by the police instead of being let go with no charge!

I'd be moving away, not closer.

:(

I'm thinking the jeep driver is known with local cops, since he had been a fireman in the area. He maybe told some 'mutual road rage' story, 'I was afraid of the mini driver approaching me with a phone in his hand, in daylight!!!!' :)

The news articles claim nothing really happened legally until locals raised hell.

I recognized the antennas mounted on his hood as a VHF/UHF antenna, for Amateur radio, and possibly could be used by volunteer fireman.

I searched his name and see he was granted an amateur license early this year, so unlikely he was in a hurry for 'Volunteer Firefighter' duty.

Look like he had the finger on the trigger too, i would not have a finger on a trigger unless i was about to kill someone or something.
But maybe i got it wrong, i am not schooled in handling weapons, all i know i have read or on my own deducted that so and so are probably smart.
Maybe my friends story about discharging a sawed off shotgun in a elevator, and a shell with the birdshot removed and replaced by 8 mm steel balls, prompted me to think more than " lucky he was alone in that elevator"

I'm surprised the guy in the Jeep was not charged, even if known to local cops. In my state he would likely have been charged with felonious aggravated assault (armed with a deadly weapon and threatens to use the deadly weapon on another person), reckless endangerment and possibly criminal threatening. Clearly he had nothing to fear from the guy with a cell phone whom he had been harassing with his car horn. He had him dead-to-rights in his cell phone video.

Maybe the Jeep driver thought the Mini driver was loading and charging his smartphone Taser app so was just using his gun to defend himself?

(How would Monty Python handle road rage?"
We know how John Cleese handled it, although not in Monty Python at the time:

and the recent TV advert (watch the first one first):

Look like he had the finger on the trigger too, i would not have a finger on a trigger unless i was about to kill someone or something.
But maybe i got it wrong, i am not schooled in handling weapons
You were taught correctly. Finger across the trigger guard or up on the body of the weapon until you're ready to fire.

I have to wonder what the Jeep driver thought his footage would show. I saw him driving at high speed (hard to tell with the flashing GPS info), crossing the center line like a drunkard, and rushing to leave the scene as if he knew he'd done something (or several things) wrong.

Someone asked about using a cell phone as a dashcam - yes, my first dashcam was a cell phone. In Android there's an app called DailyRoads Voyager (if I remember right) and I'm sure there are others as well.

I also wonder about the mini driver, continuing to walk towards the guy pointing a gun at him while yelling irrationally.

And I also wonder how the Jeep guy got a carry permit (from Illinois of all places, which is notoriously anti-gun!) With a criminal record like that. Speeding tickets shouldn't keep someone from having a weapon, but assault conviction should.

Both guys are idiots. They should settle it in a duel no less.

duel-royal-1798-bm.jpg

Sad to say but here in the US (and probably many other places too) the rule of law does not extend to those with wealth, political power, or those who have friends like that. I've seen "Daddy's money" buy a 90 day jail sentence for what was a self-admitted cold-blooded premeditated murder, so it doesn't surprise me that this guy can get a gun permit and get off scott-free for what would be a felony with at least a year in jail had any of us done the same thing. My law firm represented an ex-Sheriff who stalked and assaulted someone several times getting him off the hook completely (which cost $50K so I've been told). Just so much wrong goes on in this world :cry:

One of the few benefits of the popularity of cell phones and social media is that things like this incident as easily shared and almost impossible to repress from public view once they're on the web :geek: This can help keep the public informed but that's worth nothing if the public does not act on what they know and force justice to occur properly. The mere act of someone approaching you does not constitute any significant threat, and until such a threat is evident it's both wrong and illegal to even expose your firearm, much less point it at anyone.

I don't know what started this mess, but I'm sure there's more to it than what both the vid clips show. One of the main reasons I have multiple dashcams is so that I can clearly show what goes on all around me including hours into the past so that if someone makes a wrongful claim that I did something against them I can clearly prove that I didn't. And then I plan to take advantage of my high-priced law firm to destroy that person if they are one of the 'anointed' who are used to escaping justice. Or if they're just a worthless scumbag I have other ways of fixing their problems without any real risk to me :cool:

Phil

The jeep driver had 'anger' issues, and had just left a bank where he terrorized a bank teller.

An employee at First National Bank in Richmond told police that she recognized the man pictured on the news pointing a handgun out the window of his red Jeep, according to police reports. She identified the man as 41-year-old Brian Schimian, a “problem customer” who “seems to be mad all the time,” police reports show.

Moments before Schimian allegedly pointed a gun at another driver, he “dropped a lot of F-bombs” at a high school-aged bank teller, bringing the employee to tears, according to police reports.

How come there is no report of this gun wielding "mad"man having his guns confiscated and license revoked while he is free on bail while the "State’s Attorney’s Office is working to add a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon" and presumably something else related to the bank incident?

I'm slowly catching onto the fact that this stuff drops off of the news radar pretty quickly. I often search for updates on stories I'm interested in, and find nothing.
(Like the canadian driver who ran over a pedstrian in a truck stop. He was supposed to turn himself into the local authorities, I see no mention of that, or if they are having to extradite him? Not sure extradtion is possible since he was charged with a misdemeanor.)

There may be some forces at work in this situation, the jeep driver was also a lodge member (Shriners or Masons) and apparently his father was, also.

We probably also have the people who gave him the sweet treatment scrambling to cover their butts, and confusing things, also.

There should be some automatic things that happen in a situation like this, one being the drivers license is suspended for at least 6 months.

The IL permit requires the applicant to not have a conviction for a violence related misdemeanor in the previous 5 years.
I'm not sure when he got the permit, or if the conviction came after it was issued, and there is no process to cancel the permit?
jeep.jpg

Last edited:
I think you're right @dash riposki, some LEO (and others) were trying really hard to give this guy a pass.

Not only wasn't he initially charged with Aggravated Assault as was obvious and captured on camera but he was then only charged with Disorderly Conduct (a kind of slap on the wrist misdemeanor) which may have applied to the horn honking but ignored his threatening with a firearm. Aggravated Disorderly Conduct would have been a more appropriate charge which in this case includes (1), (2) and especially (4):

Aggravated disorderly conduct:

(a) A person is guilty of aggravated disorderly conduct if he or she engages in a course of conduct directed at a specific person with the intent to cause the person inconvenience or annoyance, or to disturb the person's peace, quiet, or right of privacy and:

(1) engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous, or threatening behavior;

(2) makes unreasonable noise;

(3) in a public place, uses abusive or obscene language; or

(4) threatens bodily injury or serious bodily injury, or threatens to commit a felony crime of violence as defined in section 11a of this title.

As i understand it " with great powers come great responsibility" so even to me as a outsider with only marginal knowledge of American society, this guy just set off all manners of alarm bells.
Having a gun out and aiming it, seem aggravated to me. :eek:

I found a aggravated car yesterday, imagine how happy people will be with you driving around town all night ( nice and easy ) celebrating your major lotto win in this your new car.

(I was almost close.....your mother was a hamster, and your FATHER smelled of elderberries)

Usually the various 'concealed' advocacy groups are the first to jump on people like this, but I don't see much evidence of this?
You really have to self-police to protect your status.

I took a concealed carry class in my home state, passed it, but never submitted the paperwork.

I was so disgusted by the quality of the day long class, and of my fellow students. I was mostly happy I got out of there without being shot.

When i carried it was always concealed, as really anything else would have landed me a huge fine and a confiscated weapon, and back then a good 9 mm gun on the black market cost about the same a American today would pay for a brand new H&K MP5.
And today you go strait to jail too, a loaded gun probably a year or something, 2 X that if you are gang related.

Barely shot at cans back then, due to the also monumental ammo price, even for "easy" to get 9 X 19 mm, anything more "exotic" and prices and availability skyrocketed.

Im so born in the wrong place ;)

I hope this person was arrested or issued a fine...One day, a friend of mine got into a situation where a strange man threatened him with a gun. I can't even imagine how scary it is... Since then, he got a license to shoot and now he carries a gun always with him. He is now confident of his safety. He suggested that I do the same and even sends me different useful articles every day, such as https://bulkmunitions.com/9mm-vs-45-which-is-better/, but I'm not sure if I should have a gun with me yet.

Last edited:
Back