Roadeyes dashcam

Centuri

Reaction score
A French company is selling nice but expensive dashcams, if the software is french for sure the cams are not french made, any idea where they come from and where we can buy them for a lower price? Pls see the company website here
http://www.road-eyes.com/en/

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
RecMini: 640x480 30fps    / 130 €
RecNeo:  640x480 30fps    / 200 €
RecDuo:  640x480 30fps x2 / 280 €
RecPro:  1080p30 / 720p60 / 280 €

sundash said:
as I can see with youtube, the videos are really good!
NO better than any of my Blackvue models and the video seems jerky as well

Video is rather average and the viewing angle looks to be 120 degrees, I do like the design though. It's better quality than BlackVue, but that's certainly no compliment!

Hello,

My name is Erik, I'm the product manager at Road-Eyes and I'd be happy to answer and aid any (reasonable) inquiries.

Also, check out our site http://www.road-eyes.com

cervedin said:
Hello,

My name is Erik, I'm the product manager at Road-Eyes and I'd be happy to answer and aid any (reasonable) inquiries.

Also, check out our site http://www.road-eyes.com

Hey Erik welcome to the Forum.

I'm impressed when the Manufactures get involved directly on here, that's why I love DashCamTalk so much. Good luck enhancing your products.

You should send a PM to DashCamMan to get your profile badged as a Manufacture.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=54

Example: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=469

Thanks JazJon!

The community you have here is very vibrant and informative. I love it!
I'm here to listen to you guys to make sure our products really match the demands of the market.
At Road-Eyes we really value your opinion and we think it's great there such a strong community here.
As a product manager I'm very much interested in what matters most to our customers in terms of features, price and usability.
Don't hesitate to PM me with any questions or opinions.

Thanks and drive safe!

/e

the company I believe is based on young enterprise innovation the telephone no starting 01 normally is paris based. If you read about the company I think the cameras are produced in taiwan. A couple of months or so ago when I was having my ( tyres ) changed at norauto in Calais ( tires for the american members who cant spell correctly) I am joking honest I am. :lol: Anyway I digress I showed my dashcam to the manager of the store and he informed me that they were in the process of stocking dashcams , if I remember correctly it was the roadeyes range that he showed me on the store PC. I also thought they were a little overpriced but there again they offer a 2 year guarantee.Perhaps someone who has purchased one of these cameras could provide some insight into the quality and reliability of the product.There appears to be 4 models in the range and claim to be 100 percent road legal, but for exactly which countries I havent checked out yet.I have yet to see one in the flesh the last time I checked my local norauto store they still had not received stocks. Regards Ipol PS I am going to have to check and triple check my spelling from now on or Al D will hang me out to dry.

@ Cervedin Bienvenue a la forum ....now thats all the french you are going to get out of me ....je parle francais comme un vache espangnole. Your camera range looks very interesting and I wish you well with your sales.For myself I am a Lukas camera convert but that does not preclude my curiosity and interest in all dashcam manufactures and the diversity of the different models and concepts. Regards Ipol

Ipol said:
the company I believe is based on young enterprise innovation the telephone no starting 01 normally is paris based. If you read about the company I think the cameras are produced in taiwan. A couple of months or so ago when I was having my ( tyres ) changed at norauto in Calais ( tires for the american members who cant spell correctly) I am joking honest I am. :lol: Anyway I digress I showed my dashcam to the manager of the store and he informed me that they were in the process of stocking dashcams , if I remember correctly it was the roadeyes range that he showed me on the store PC. I also thought they were a little overpriced but there again they offer a 2 year guarantee.Perhaps someone who has purchased one of these cameras could provide some insight into the quality and reliability of the product.There appears to be 4 models in the range and claim to be 100 percent road legal, but for exactly which countries I havent checked out yet.I have yet to see one in the flesh the last time I checked my local norauto store they still had not received stocks. Regards Ipol PS I am going to have to check and triple check my spelling from now on or Al D will hang me out to dry.

Yes, our office is in Paris (by Etoile) and our factory is in Taiwan.
Our biggest market at the moment is France and our dash-cameras can be found at Carrefour, Norauto, Boulanger, Cdiscount and many more retailers.
We're pushing our products in other European markets and our products can also be purchased online here:
Road-Eyes online shop
The feedback we've received from customers so far has been very positive and I encourage more feedback on our product-range. Only 0.24% of our cameras have been returned with a defect - something we ALWAYS replace with new product. Currently we have a 2-year warranty which we are about to extend to 3 years.
We don't sell our products on the cheap and it's our experience that our dedication to quality materials and usability is appreciated by our customers. I've seen some very cheap cameras - offering full-HD - in cheap components, plastic and internal batteries. Something I personally wouldn't use to protect myself and my vehicle on the road.
We strongly believe that dash-cams serve a use more than just another gadget - it's there to protect your expensive car and your invaluable life. It's important to us that our cameras feature strong casing, don't use cheap components and can guarantee functionality in the extreme environment of a car-crash.
Our products are a 100% legal in all of Europe.
Currently, the recPRO is our bestseller.
We have four consumer products retailing at the moment with a new high-end model - the recTWIN - coming in the coming weeks. This is a new exciting product with two cameras, an HD camera for the front and a VGA camera for the back. We have other exciting products coming soon - including a model for Scooters and motorcycles + a range for trucks and fleet management.

Thanks @Ipol! No worries, my English is better anyhow.. I'm curious - what about Lukas cameras is it that you like? It's another camera manufactured by DigiLife.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions regarding our product-range.

Best regards and drive safe,

/e

cervedin said:
Thanks JazJon!

The community you have here is very vibrant and informative. I love it!
I'm here to listen to you guys to make sure our products really match the demands of the market.
At Road-Eyes we really value your opinion and we think it's great there such a strong community here.
As a product manager I'm very much interested in what matters most to our customers in terms of features, price and usability.
Don't hesitate to PM me with any questions or opinions.

Thanks and drive safe!

/e

I suggest you create a Roadeyes thread in the Vendor section as well. (see sticky at top)
viewforum.php?f=26

Hi cervedin

I've been fortunate to test pretty much all the major dashcams to date from the top brands, there is a lot to choose from and competition is high! Being in Australia I've not come across this brand before. I do like the design though, please can you advise what makes this camera worth anyone's attention and how it's different to other brands, what sets it part from the rest?

Thanks!

I'm looking at reviewing a rear dashcam, this does need to have a 120+ degree viewing angle, to cover each corner of the vehicle for any rear collisions.

This is common and well known dash camera design in china. I had similar one 2.5y ago, dual cam with compass and external wireless discreet mounted radar detector.
Those days same "recpro" version generic model, same design, same specs, cost in china around 120-130usd.
RoadEyes ordering from china manufacturer with their own logo printed. Sky-high price "justified" by paying full import and vat taxes + sales / profit taxes and branding.

Not known what CPU is used?
What brand CMOS?
What bit-rate is video recording?
what is lens aperture?

105 degree lens angle I would not say "wide" as it advertised.

@ servedin I have purchased and used around 6 different dashcam brands mostly from china luckily for me not one clone amongst any of them.On wishing to go more upmarket and having read either in this forum or techmoans forum that korean products tended to be more reliable I started researching the korean dashcam market. Lukas immediately caught my eye so I purchased their top of the range LK7900. For me its a solid no nonsense piece of kit with quality components and lens I had one problem with the total trip readout not being accurate which is due to a firmware issue. Lukas Qrontech have been tremendously helpful over this and have sent me pre-release firmware to resolve the problem.....I was happy when the error was reduced to a 200 metre difference over a 10km trip but was surprised (pleasantly) when the company sent another amendment to try to get the reading as accurate as possible.Their customer care is first class. They also have a new model coming onto the western market soon with features I have not previously seen in a dashcam using an OBD2 module connection......I cant wait to get my hands on one. :lol: for the record NO I am not a sales rep for Lukas but I do recommend their products, if I find a product I like and can trust I stick with it, my HIFI TV and COMPUTER are all SONY I dont work for them either (its an english sense of humour) :D regards to all my forum friends Ipol PS Al Drake if you get to read this check the OFF TOPIC posts I left a message for you, hope you are fit and well

Good stuff, thanks ipol. I'm using a VicoVation TF2+ and that too is a solid camera.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Just got back at a day at IFA and the positive feedback for our products continues to amaze me. As product manager, I'm very pleased to see this much engagement for our products on dash-cam talk - it's an honor. If any of you have the chance, stop by our booth at IFA Berlin, hall 7.2b please come and check them out!!

I'm quite busy with the IFA this week so I'll have to be brief in my responses
Sorry about that

@ Ipol
Is OBDII integration important to you? I'm interested because we are developing products with this

@ Milamber
Simple. Our commitment to security, build quality and usability. I think you need to feel our products to really appreciate the quality. I'm not going to plug my products more here as I understand there is special part of the forum for this. But we do have an upcoming exciting product coming out with a rear camera, 105° VGA
Interesting - what do you like most about it?

@ Niko
I understand your sentiment. If I were in your clothes, sitting in Ireland - I might very well make the same assessment. But I urge you to try out our products and then tell me what you think. We could certainly do a better job with our website and information - meanwhile I'll have to get back to you on this after IFA. Note that our angles are horizontal and not diagonal.

"cervedin",
don't get me wrong, I am not trying to muck up "your product".
I know, you as a vendor of fairly newly established brand might feel uncomfortable that me and jokiin ( maybe some other competent users ) giving away an info on true origin of "roadeyescam" products which are based on Fuho Avita, Vacroon and giving away sources of buying same product for much lower prices. I also understand why your price is much higher and I have mentioned it in my first post @ " ... Sky-high price "justified" by paying full import and vat taxes + sales / profit taxes and branding." I can add here that for EU market after all crazy taxes added, - your price is OK, taking into count that all aftersales support is and will be in EU. For EU buyer no need to send back product "overseas" if something happens. I totally aware how all this works.
I am just trying to make clear some things and we all here asking questions to confirm this or that.
Because it is an open forum, - I am taking end consumer view on any manufacturer introducing / advertising its "branded" product and I share all available info and experience I have so users of this forum can have a better understanding of the product, because these days it is very easy for manufacturer to confuse end customer, especially newbies.

As per your product web-page, - it does not says anything clear regarding some product specification I have asked above ( CPU, CMOS, Lens aperture, bit-rate ). That missing data is core of any dash camera. By not providing that data it is very hard to understand what product we are dealing with. OK for horizontal angle of lens, but you agree with me, - it does not says on your webpage which angle is it ( horizontal or diagonal ), there for it is confusing.

I can find all answers to my questions based on same Fuho product. Best would be if vendor would add all this very important info on the website specs data as well. This way it would be much easier for potential buyer to understand what kind of product they are buying.

With asking you maybe too many questions, - i am ( and others ) actually helping you to "fix" missing details ( specs ) on your website, so you can provide a better service for your potential customers.
I know it is very hard for any vendor or manufacturer to be here on this open forum and be "bombarded" by end user-s with different questions and facts, but forums are the only practical place where manufacturer can hear what exactly end user wants and what can be done better. This way vendor and manufacturer can improve service and product. This is what "jokiin" does. This is what FoxOffer does. They get "bombarded" time to time, but they learn from it and trying to provide each time better service and quality product, they do not run away or ignore / hide like many vendors or manufacturers who already tried to promote their product here but without any big success after some direct questions from forum members. Hope you understand my point.

@ your " ... If I were in your clothes, sitting in Ireland - I might very well make the same assessment.",
- regarding dash-camera world: - I do not "sit" in Ireland, I travel a lot and have many years of experience with dash cameras ( up to date tested about 50 dash cams from the cheapest up to many of high-end models ). Also I have experience with Fuho brand ( from Russian friend ). I must say, - built quality and reliability is good. It is popular in Russia, however ( as you know yourself ) for the same price much better video quality dash camera can be bought these days ( even for cheaper price ).
Again, - I do not want to say anything bad about your product, - it has it's own buyers segment and for sure you will find your niche, but as this is an open forum, - my role ( as well as most other users role ) is to share open source info and personal experience.

@ your " ... But I urge you to try out our products and then tell me what you think. ",
- I would be happy to fully test your product and write review comparing it side by side to other dash cameras of the same segment I have in hand. You can PM me and we agree how you send me a free sample. I am agree to return it back after full test and review is done, but just to clarify: my review will be unbiased.

Hope you do not take my posts as a criticism, but more like the point where you can learn from end user on how to make your product and service better for prosper future of your company.

Back