Roav Dascham A1 Impression

rspn14

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been using the A1 for the past week or so and I am quite happy with it's performance. When I saw the camera was retailing for under $60 on Amazon I was unsure of how the camera would preform, however I have nothing but good things to say.
The image quality has been great during the day, at dusk, and even at night.
Here is a link to a video taken during dusk/low light: YouTube link
A few unboxing photos: Imgur Link
Setup was quick and painless. It was certainly made easier with the included plastic tool for slipping the wiring behind the vehicle's interior trim. I was able to attach the camera to the windshield and run the wire up, over, down, and back around the the power port in under ten minutes. The interface/menus on the camera are simple and easy to navigate. You can control the recording quality, whether or not audio is recorded, and all of the other settings from the on-screen menus, or by connecting to the device's WiFi and using the Roav app. I have downloaded video clips through the app and by removing the memory card from the camera. It was easy to do so both ways.
The field of view on the A1 is wider than that of my previous dashcam and I am now able to capture the full width of the roadway in almost all situations.
This camera has met all of my requirements and certainly outperforms the other dashcams I have used in it's price range. I would definitely recommend!
I will post a follow-up if anything else comes to mind or if I encounter any issues.

wow, copy and pasted on multiple sites including the anker community forum! lol

wow, copy and pasted on multiple sites including the anker community forum! lol
Sure sign that he/she is being 'incentivized' to post positive reviews. Just another form of spam. :mad:

testing one now. IMO the quality is just as bad as the C1 (non-pro) i originally purchased early last year. it's ok.

Aside from this dashcam in my personal vehicle, I now have two BlackVue DR650S's installed in work vehicles. Obviously they are different offerings and clearly different hardware, however I think that the A1 is a solid product at its price point.

Do you disagree?

testing one now. IMO the quality is just as bad as the C1 (non-pro) i originally purchased early last year. it's ok.

The c1 quality is not bad at all. One of the best honestly for the price.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Anker 3
A Anker 3
USDashCamera Anker 0
USDashCamera Anker 0
N Anker 4
Back