Roav Dashcam A1 by Anker

Austin Roberts

Reaction score
Country
United States
Review of the Roav DASHCAM A1 that Anker sent me as a sample to review:

Link to purchase Roav DASHCAM A1:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B076GYGVY5
The Roav Dashcam A1 by Anker is a perfect dash cam for anyone. The set-up is very easy for anyone to install themselves. The suction cup is very strong and easy to apply. Once the dash cam is attached to the suction cup, it is very sturdy. Due to the small compact form, it is out of view and does not bother me while driving. The cord also is long enough so that you can wire it on either side of the car. Using the Roav app makes a huge difference compared to dashcams that do not have apps. Many pros to this product and the cons are not deal breakers, but are areas for future improvement.

Pros:
- Great video quality. Even the night videos are clear.
- Many options to configure for settings. It can also be controlled from your phone.
- VERY clear picture of license plates
- Wide angle covers all lanes
- Small compact design
- Audio quality is clear
- BEST PRO = Being able to download videos to the app. This is one of the most important features in my opinion. No need to connect the dash cam or memory card into your computer. Simply connect to the dashcam wifi and the videos can be transferred to the app. You can also can trim the videos before uploading them to youtube or facebook.

Cons
- Have to go to settings to turn on wifi. Would be easier to have a dedicated wifi button.
- Micro USB power supply port is located at the top of the dashcam. Made installation a little difficult because it is close to the window. Putting it on the side would have been a better option.
- Doesn’t come with SD card (not a big deal, but would be a nice option to have one included)

For the price, you can not go wrong. You are getting a very nice dashcam that provides all the features that are required for getting the job done. For anyone who wants just an average dashcam, this will do that and exceed your expectation. Being able to configure settings and download the videos through the app makes usage very easy. Highly recommended!

Review of the Roav DASHCAM A1 that Anker sent me as a sample to review:

Link to purchase Roav DASHCAM A1:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B076GYGVY5
The Roav Dashcam A1 by Anker is a perfect dash cam for anyone. The set-up is very easy for anyone to install themselves. The suction cup is very strong and easy to apply. Once the dash cam is attached to the suction cup, it is very sturdy. Due to the small compact form, it is out of view and does not bother me while driving. The cord also is long enough so that you can wire it on either side of the car. Using the Roav app makes a huge difference compared to dashcams that do not have apps. Many pros to this product and the cons are not deal breakers, but are areas for future improvement.

Pros:
- Great video quality. Even the night videos are clear.
- Many options to configure for settings. It can also be controlled from your phone.
- VERY clear picture of license plates
- Wide angle covers all lanes
- Small compact design
- Audio quality is clear
- BEST PRO = Being able to download videos to the app. This is one of the most important features in my opinion. No need to connect the dash cam or memory card into your computer. Simply connect to the dashcam wifi and the videos can be transferred to the app. You can also can trim the videos before uploading them to youtube or facebook.

Cons
- Have to go to settings to turn on wifi. Would be easier to have a dedicated wifi button.
- Micro USB power supply port is located at the top of the dashcam. Made installation a little difficult because it is close to the window. Putting it on the side would have been a better option.
- Doesn’t come with SD card (not a big deal, but would be a nice option to have one included)

For the price, you can not go wrong. You are getting a very nice dashcam that provides all the features that are required for getting the job done. For anyone who wants just an average dashcam, this will do that and exceed your expectation. Being able to configure settings and download the videos through the app makes usage very easy. Highly recommended!
Anker's dashcams are known to be junk as they don't survive even 90F or 0F for long time. I know their claim to survive them up to 150 something but they are proven to be not true.

This cam has no adhesive mount install. suction mount seems very inconvinent!

Anker's dashcams are known to be junk as they don't survive even 90F or 0F for long time. I know their claim to survive them up to 150 something but they are proven to be not true.

This cam has no adhesive mount install. suction mount seems very inconvinent!
when it is 90 degrees outside your car can easily get to 150 degrees if you are parked outside from the greenhouse effect.

I have been using all 4 anker roav dash cams and I find them to be great high quality products, that are not suitable for hot climates like arizona or texas unless you take special care for them.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weat...-60-degrees-is-too-hot-for-pets-in-cars/19368

"At 90 degrees outside, the interior of a vehicle can heat up to 160 degrees within several minutes." Testing this out is not rocket science, in the video below we placed a thermometer inside a car and saw it spike to over 130; I have personally witnessed 155 degrees on a thermometer inside a car."

So when its 90-105 degrees all the time in some climates, your car can easily get to over the rated temperature for those batteries.

If you put your cell phone up on your window/dash it would also cause issues and potentially damage it, that doesn't mean the phone is junk it means your device isn't suitable for your climate and you need to make sure you have a device that IS suitable for your climate.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Anker 3
R Anker 5
USDashCamera Anker 0
USDashCamera Anker 0
USDashCamera Anker 98
Back