Rotating ThiEye E7 image 180 degrees (upside down)

Leo_SF

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a way to flip the ThiEye E7 camera recording 180 degrees as you can in Mobius, GitUp F1, etc?

I am guessing there's no script. I guess the only thing to do is just to flip the video in VLC.

The only thing I noticed in VLC, when you flip the video, whatever date/time encoded on the video, it stays the same so when flipped 180 degrees, it gets flipped upside down.

the latest firmware on thieyes website lets you flip the recording with a setting in the menu

I believe that Thieye's are made by Sunoco, so ,it begs the question who's writing the code for the firmware. At a time when my To 4k+ has "auto rotate" as a choice in menus, and the others mentioned also have a menu selection , who's lazy on the customer service job!

I did not see this option in the firmware from April, is there a newer release?

This is not E7. E7 has separate releases. For example T5e has a different chipset than E7. I do not know about T5 but I know Edge and E7 have the same chipset.

"WiFi Action Camera E7
Version No. : TI/UN8-180402-V5.0
Release Time: 2018/04/08 Changelog"

http://www.thieye.com/support.html

i dont know why i read that wrong lol

The Yi 4k + has a grid selection in the menu screen which superimposed on the screen allowing dividing the image/video into thirds.

Last edited by a moderator:
The rule of thirds rule of thumb comes from photography. It's a pretty simple concept of putting target subject at the thirds when framing your shots. Most beginners tend to place subject matter directly in the middle which the pros generally don't do with some exceptions like portraits.

The rule of thirds rule of thumb comes from photography. It's a pretty simple concept of putting target subject at the thirds when framing your shots. Most beginners tend to place subject matter directly in the middle which the pros generally don't do with some exceptions like portraits.
Yes, the Yi 4k+ menu option puts a series of lines on screen as a guide for this purpose!

Yes, the Yi 4k+ menu option puts a series of lines on screen as a guide for this purpose!
Can do it with Ambarella A7/A12 based cams (Sunco SO71, Sunco SO91 Thieye T5e etc) using Go Action App. Have to Power OFF to get rid of the grid though. Stays after disconnecting app though not a bad thing.
Link: GoAction App

I believe that Thieye's are made by Sunoco, so ,it begs the question who's writing the code for the firmware. At a time when my To 4k+ has "auto rotate" as a choice in menus, and the others mentioned also have a menu selection , who's lazy on the customer service job!
Correct. Most are from SUNCO technologies. Really don't understand how so many get it wrong. Delete options and fiddle with the menu options, colour grading and so on. Both my Sunco SO71 and SO91 are really good (though can't find any firmware upgrades, links don't work on their support page)
Sunco S095 is the ThiEYE EDGE and E7 iCatch V50 SoC but too expensive at the moment.

Why can't the manufacturer coordinate the fw for the various sellers? Too many "cooks in the kitchen"?

Just purchased latest ThiEYE T5 EDGE and now has a "LIVE" function in the menu. Not sure what it does, haven't tried it yet? The firmware is definitely different to earlier T5 EDGE model and filtered by Serial Number of the cam.
Appears the problem of the cam freezing (have to remove battery) has be fixed by latest f/w but not a good start for a new version and suggested there is some different hardware also?
So now have 3 x iCatch V50 cams: Vikcam V50, ThiEYE E7 and T5 EDGE. Seems only Vikcam V50 has the H.265 option selectable.

Back