RSC Nano

RaybanRJ

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So about a month ago I got this Dashcam and I would say it’s my first good one. I like the size of it and you can put up to a 64 GB card it’s 1080 P I believe at 30 frames per second which produces from what I can tell a razor sharp picture. I really like that it has Wi-Fi I don’t have to take out the memory card to put it in my old laptop to look at the videos, you just use the RSC app on your phone. One thing I noticed about this Dashcam because it has Wi-Fi, if you are near your house Wi-Fi, I don’t think it starts recording until you’re far enough away from the home signal because it doesn’t seem to record until you are. When it does it’s perfect.

Here is a sample video and the cams viewing angle is 160 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I’m not mistaken, RSC Labs is a Canadian company. No idea if these sell anywhere else, perhaps under a different name.

https://rsc-labs.com/nano/

If I’m not mistaken, RSC Labs is a Canadian company. No idea if these sell anywhere else, perhaps under a different name.

https://rsc-labs.com/nano/

It appears to be a re-branded Viofo WR1 dash cam which AFAIK has been discontinued by Viofo as it is no longer listed on their web site.

wr1.jpg

It appears to be a re-branded Viofo WR1 dash cam which AFAIK has been discontinued by Viofo as it is no longer listed on their web site.

View attachment 40565

Whoa. I sure love mine! I hope I could get another if I ever had to. I don’t miss having a screen on the back of a cam at all when you have wifi build in.

Bought mine at Staples.ca

AFIK VIFO cancel it due to it being bad, just misplaced in their range of products + i also think their organization have just been shuffled.
You might want to aim your camera a little lower, the most recommend a 50/50 split at the horizon for optimal metering from the camera.

AFIK VIFO cancel it due to it being bad, just misplaced in their range of products + i also think their organization have just been shuffled.
You might want to aim your camera a little lower, the most recommend a 50/50 split at the horizon for optimal metering from the camera.

I have aimed my camera lower and all it shows is hood. It does. Look like it is aiming at the sky a bit but I don’t like that much car hood in my vids.

It’s an awesome cam, so far.

I think it has been around for a few years so that might just be the life cycle. If they make a new one I’d like to know.

You can see the aiming angle in this vid. I could turn it down a bit perhaps. I should also loosen the nit a bit so I could swivel it a bit, like if I park and I want to aim it sideways if I have to

OK came out in 2014 and according to this video it’s a pretty good Dash cam that surprised the reviewers. And a popular one also. I don’t think it would be around for four years if it was a bad dashcam and I personally don’t care about GPS and from my reviews the picture is razor sharp so. They talk about “contrasts in the shadows” but that is REALLY nitpicking.

The WR1 has not been around since 2014. It was only released about a year ago, around the time of when the video you posted was published in early September 2017.

No matter what we always say any dashcam are better than no dashcam.

I cant believe how time move on, 2014 seem like yesterday.

The WR1 has not been around since 2014. It was only released about a year ago, around the time of when the video you posted was published in early September 2017.

In the video they mentioned that the model was already three years old.

Unless they were talking about another model but I don’t think they were?

And why would they discontinue a model only after one year or not even a year

I believe that is not correct. In fact, I don't believe the components in the camera such as the sensor or DSP were even available back in 2014.

Last edited:
I believe that is not correct. In fact, I don't believe the components in the camera such as the sensoror DSP were even available back in 2014.

They did have CMOS Sony censors in 2014 I think. But I cannot see them discontinuing a well received dashcam after only one year.

I have to research if it has been discontinued but might not be easy

Unless they were talking about another model but I don’t think they were?

And why would they discontinue a model only after one year or not even a year

Review of the video reveals that the narrator specifically states "Even though the G1-WC has been out for three years, it's still one of the most popular dash cams today". He was referring the the fact that the G1-WC comes with a suction cup mount as does the WR1.

Sony CMOS sensors have been around for quite some time but the one that is in the WR1 was not generally available in dash cams four years ago.

Oh, the narrator also refers to the WR1 as "brand new" in their September 6, 2017 review. Retailers are not generally in the habit of reviewing cameras that have already been on the market for four years.

Last edited:
Looks like there were some threads in here for this dashcam.

I did the firmware update like this guy, using my laptop. Then I read on another forum that it probably isn’t worth it to do updates because those updates are for a small minority’s of users who might be having issues and it there were no issues then it is not necessary.....thoughts?

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...talling-latest-firmware.30040/#js-post-352117

Review of the video reveals that the narrator specifically states "Even though the G1-WC has been out for three years, it's still one of the most popular dash cams today". He was referring the the fact that the G1-WC comes with a suction cup mount as does the WR1.

Sony CMOS sensors have been around for quite some time but the one that is in the WR1 was not generally available in dash cams four years ago.

So he was talking about a different model? Hmm ok. Yes I got a suction mount (which is strong if you wet the cup first) and they gave me a sticker mount with an extra sticker also.

Well hopefully it will be around for a few years yet, if it is only a one-year-old model after all. I will hope.

Oh, the narrator also refers to the WR1 as "brand new" in their September 6, 2017 review. Retailers are not generally in the habit of reviewing cameras that have already been on the market for four years.

Yup it does in fact look like it is only a year old according to this link.

To make matters more confusing this link does say that RSC is a Canadian tech company (maybe they only wrote the app for the device) and in the review video they call it an “entry level Chinese dashcam with a lot of features”

Maybe because it was made in China, like everything else.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...abs-Introduces-New-Compact-Sony-Exmor-Powered

Best review I’ve seen. Confirms it is a Canadian company. *suprised*

To make matters more confusing this link does say that RSC is a Canadian tech company (maybe they only wrote the app for the device) and in the review video they call it an “entry level Chinese dashcam with a lot of features”

the review was on the Viofo, they are a Chinese company so the comments made would be appropriate that it was a Chinese dashcam

the camera is still made in China but RSC being a Canadian company will obviously have local support on offer which will improve service levels for local customers

Best review
Like seeing that old Volvo 242 Fishtail :) the seeing his phone with 42 missed calls and +2000 mails and 32 other messages :eek: thats probably more action than my smart phone get in 5 years, but thats just me being a smart phone user.

Getting local warranty are always nice, when i buy something in China i often make sure to tell them that if they had a EU warehouse i would probably buy much more.
I an NOT buying a phone from china again, though the current one i have actually been pretty lucky with it seem.

Back