RSC Nano

Like seeing that old Volvo 242 Fishtail :) the seeing his phone with 42 missed calls and +2000 mails and 32 other messages :eek: thats probably more action than my smart phone get in 5 years, but thats just me being a smart phone user.

Getting local warranty are always nice, when i buy something in China i often make sure to tell them that if they had a EU warehouse i would probably buy much more.
I an NOT buying a phone from china again, though the current one i have actually been pretty lucky with it seem.

Haha yup. I buy IPhones (but even those are made in China ;) ) but for a dashcam with a Sony CMOS sensor and wifi I am pretty happy for $99.

I wonder if here are any $200 dashcams in this small size? That could be my next one sometime down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the review was on the Viofo, they are a Chinese company so the comments made would be appropriate that it was a Chinese dashcam

the camera is still made in China but RSC being a Canadian company will obviously have local support on offer which will improve service levels for local customers

Ah

It is okay to fabricate in China, as you say most things are made there now as western firms have our politicians in their pocket so they go for +300% profit.
BUT ! you must make sure you have your product made to industry standards, and they can do that just fine though i have never heard of a ISO 9001 company, maybe that copy are just displayed in the foyer of the place.

It is okay to fabricate in China, as you say most things are made there now as western firms have our politicians in their pocket so they go for +300% profit.
BUT ! you must make sure you have your product made to industry standards, and they can do that just fine though i have never heard of a ISO 9001 company, maybe that copy are just displayed in the foyer of the place.

ISO9001 is just a set of standards that you can be audited for and if you comply you can add the logo to your sales spiel, plenty of companies have it, so many that it's not really something that stands out anymore

I was wondering about my new Batterybank because I heard it is good to have a “CE” certification and I do not see that on my new Blackweb

My suction mount came off today, it lasted a month on the original installation. I guess because of the heat we are having here maybe. It was perfect for a month so if this happens once a month no biggie. I was glad the power connection cable kept the cam from falling into my shifter because I had the cable string over the top of the rear view mirror lols.

Yup I did wet the suction cup.

I guess this is to be expected of these type of mounts? They also gave me the sticker mount but I prefer not to leave a sticker mess on my windshield.

3M VHB tape mounts are a much more secure way to go. If you decide to remove the camera for any reason any tape residue left behind can be cleaned off fairly easily with an appropriate solvent.

True, I forgot about Ronsonal lighter fluid :p

If it keeps falling more frequently I’ll definitely do that route.

Wonder how winter on the cold glass will make it behave.

True, I forgot about Ronsonal lighter fluid :p

If it keeps falling more frequently I’ll definitely do that route.

Wonder how winter on the cold glass will make it behave.

As long as it's properly applied in warmer weather VHB tape should be fine during the winter. Forget about ever trying to apply 3M VHB tape to frozen glass or very cold glass however.

Last edited:
The suction cup mount that hold my phone come off once in a while too, but its not a monthly deal, not even with the out of the ordinary summer we had so far.
I am using the suction cup and arm from a original Samsung galaxy 2 car dock paired with a Brodit universal holder for the phone itself, the 2 parts are assembled with 2 strips of dual sided tape.
I also get good suction cup grip on the dotter area on top of the windscreen, but thats due to mine being a grit pattern and not dot area so i had cameras on suction cup up there too.

I have never had dual sided tape let go of the windscreen or car plastic trim, but i have had issues with one camera on the #2 install where it would not bond for long between tape and the mount plastic, though in my car it worked flawless for over a year, i just fixed that tape to mount bond problem with a little CA glue.

Suction mounts should be reset regularly, being more frequent the older they get. I have some that will easily go a month+, and others that need resetting weekly. They were never intended to be permanent mounts.

The WR-1 wasn't really a bad cam, but it did have audio and app issues which were never fully resolved. Mine worked reliably, even being mounted where direct sun got to it and in a totally closed dark car. The small round form factor was great where I had it and the video was good for the price. I'd certainly have another one, but a Möbius will go in it's place- that is my favorite cam bar none. I killed mine during disassembly, had I not done that I have no doubt that it would still be going strong continuously like it always did. I could never get the app to work, but it's default settings were fine by me so that's how I ran it. It seems to be the same cam as the RSC Nano so if you like it, then it will probably serve you very well for a long time.

Phil

Suction mounts should be reset regularly, being more frequent the older they get. I have some that will easily go a month+, and others that need resetting weekly. They were never intended to be permanent mounts.

The WR-1 wasn't really a bad cam, but it did have audio and app issues which were never fully resolved. Mine worked reliably, even being mounted where direct sun got to it and in a totally closed dark car. The small round form factor was great where I had it and the video was good for the price. I'd certainly have another one, but a Möbius will go in it's place- that is my favorite cam bar none. I killed mine during disassembly, had I not done that I have no doubt that it would still be going strong continuously like it always did. I could never get the app to work, but it's default settings were fine by me so that's how I ran it. It seems to be the same cam as the RSC Nano so if you like it, then it will probably serve you very well for a long time.

Phil

So you have a pic of the Mobius? Yeah I don’t want anything larger than what I have. The last time thieves broke into our underground Parkade they targeted any vehicles with something left in the open ONLY. One guy had $20,000 of tools stolen out the back of his SUV and another guy had his back window smashed just because he left a bag of dirty laundry and he never got to the laundromat lol.

But the reason I wanted a tiny dashcam is because I don’t want them breaking into my car just because they SEE A DASHCAM. Plus the fact I never leave anything in my car.

One good thing about my Buick Allure/LaCrosse Windows is they are laminated like Cadillac and they are very difficult to break. They will spiderweb but they have a hard time getting in. Here is a guy with a 2015 Cadillac SRX in my Parkade and they also tried breaking his side windows and they could not enter.

3899d28582d2896a57e2aec86f4700e0.jpg
4eb0d82ee425836220f2f20af57a47f1.jpg

Last edited:
The door windows in my little Suzuki just go POOOF and are on the ground / car floor, they where one day when the car was a few month old, just vandalism car not opened nothing missing.

Since then i park in the back yard and have CCTV on my car.

OK I’m finally back in my city and I charged up the battery bank and I realize that the dash cam does not record unless you connected to the Wi-Fi on my iPhone. I don’t think I can actually use it all night long unless there’s another setting or something. Because when I turn my Wi-Fi off on my phone the light on it flashes, on the cam I mean and that means it’s not recording and I confirmed this.

The dash cam seems to need the phone within range on the Wi-Fi network that you set up for it to record so am I out of luck?

Edit: OK I actually tested the video and it seems to work with one of the lights off so I guess it did record, so should be good. I figured both dash cam lights have to be on for it to actually record but they don’t when you’re out of Wi-Fi range will still record I should’ve realized that ha ha

I’m running a stopwatch so in the morning I’ll check it and mention the time and how much battery power is left on the battery bank

You can get whatever you want from China if you manage it properly. You want quality? Then yes, they can do that. You want cheap? Yes, they can do that too.

But getting cheap AND quality is a lot harder....... the exchange rate has made China not especially cheap these days. Western automation and process controls have narrowed the gap to very little.

IBM don't make any computers in China. Boeing don't make aircraft in China.

Yes they do have a range of challenges, like for instance the questionable way they manage their own currency, and so on.
And the end cheap to produce in countries always become less cheap, and so they should be, as they implement the same environmental and so on things we other have done too.
Okay it do seem like one Danish trucking firm have started their own version of slavery again, but thank god some one wised up to the appalling salaries and conditions the Philippine and so on workers lived and worked under.
And their customers are stepping away from that company.

You can get whatever you want from China if you manage it properly. You want quality? Then yes, they can do that. You want cheap? Yes, they can do that too.

But getting cheap AND quality is a lot harder....... the exchange rate has made China not especially cheap these days. Western automation and process controls have narrowed the gap to very little.

IBM don't make any computers in China. Boeing don't make aircraft in China.

Apple products are made in China, are they not “quality?” They are also not cheap. Cheap and “quality” are not supposed to go together but sometimes you get it. You get what you pay for. This is why even during hard times, companies like Ferrari and Rolls-Royce still do well, because there are always luxury items that the wealthy can afford. For the vast masses that cannot afford expensive items, (like when the US economy tanked in 2007, people that could not afford to feed their families or buy IPhones flocked to Walmart. Walmart stock skyrocketed if you had shares. China is there with their low labour rates to provide those items. People seem to forget this, the cheap labour in China is the only reason there is any growth in the world). And without China and their cheap labour, forget about any items being cheap again at Walmart, Amazon, eBay, car parts, you name it. Cost of production is just too expensive in the US, just ask Ford or Harley Davidson with their struggles right now.

Yes, this Dashcam made in China is the best I could ever imagine, and I am happy it was a good price and has never let me down. I think the question to ask is, which dashcams are not made in China? I’m sure there might be some but how are they PRICE wise.

You can bet those IBM computers have a ton of components built in China.

Boeing don't make aircraft in China.
You forgot to add "yet" to that. Business is about making a profit, and businesses will do what is most profitable for them, so if that means building in China then that will happen eventually. I prefer buying local products, but only when it makes sense and gets me what I want at a reasonable price. If I have to look further away for that product then so be it- I have a need to fill and that is what matters most to me.

Phil

Sidenote, I installed bitdefender VPN on my android tablet, my iPhone 7 and my iPad and I discovered I could not connect my Wi-Fi signal from my NANO dash cam to my iPhone anymore even with the VPN turned off so I had to remove the VPN app and now the dash cam works good. So far that’s the only thing that the VPN was blocking that I could not get access to.

Back