RSC Nano

My TV was my first ever TV, and i was 41 when i got it,,,,, and i have a sneaky feeling it will also be my last TV as i find it hard to justify the price for content, and the steaming market have nothing of my interest.

I got tired of every month having the suction cup mount always come off and you always have to re-wet it so I finally mounted the permanent one and I positioned the dash cam up a lot higher so it’s right in line with the review mirror making it less likely by passersby to see it. Fortunately I can still see the red and green light to know when my phone is connected and that it’s recording.

b8dbbc6da790595f0a156f6ef6404a3a.jpg
989382cbad0d5a19fd76589d6d50950d.jpg
5441ac42316f69a4ae24e0d116c164b1.jpg
537037761fe127420c42d95c0cb670a4.jpg
35178a11cfb356840d52f7082ceb646b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a reasonable chance that using the semi-permanent and much more secure adhesive mount will provide you with slightly sharper images than the suction cup mount due to reduced vibrations.

There's a reasonable chance that using the semi-permanent and much more secure adhesive mount will provide you with slightly sharper images than the suction cup mount due to reduced vibrations.

Images are really sharp but yeah that’s interesting I never thought of that it might improve

I intentionally used the word "slightly" in this context, but yes, the more solidly a camera is mounted, the sharper the images will be. Very subtle, almost imperceptible vibrations can degrade the images "slightly". (or perhaps more than slightly depending upon the amount of vibration)

Anyway, I think using the adhesive mount is a good move.

I’ve had an issue in the last week with the RSC Nano which has been a great dash cam now for two years. The motion detection doesn’t turn itself off when it doesn’t sense motion for 60 seconds. So basically it runs all the time and since I use power banks to keep it running all night it’s usually burnt out by 7 PM. I was able to fix it two days ago for one day only when I reset all the factory settings through the app and I had to create create a new Wi-Fi password for the dash cam to connect to the phone etc. But I wonder if there’s a sensor burned out or something I’m not sure.

Maybe it’ll correct itself who knows, but they don’t offer the RSC nano anymore it looks like at Staples in Canada so the only other choice for a really small dash cam with Wi-Fi would be the other one that Staples sells now called the Garmin Mini Car Key.

Does anyone have experience with the Garmin mini car key?

02683026bd275a929984f5ce46718ccf.jpg

There's been some talk about it in the Garmin forum and in other online reviews. It seems to have it's own bag of issues so research well before buying.

The Nano/WR-1 was a neat little cam and overall a good value for the money; I'm a bit sad to see it go but technology has marched past it as it will with every cam eventually. Are you sure there's not something new moving around where you park, a flag perhaps? Even a blinking LED or light can set off motion detect inadvertently.

The form factor is slightly different but you might want to have a look at the Gitup F1C, another small footprint cam like the Mobius but with much better specs, performance, and supercaps to ensure a long life. The Mobius Maxi might work for you but it's not well-developed and some folks have had issues with it. The original Mobius is better daytime than the Nano but it's old hardware is hardly acceptable at night nowadays. I don't know of any other small-footprint cams save for the K2S dual-remote which is a 2-channel system but with the smallest cams around.

Phil

There's been some talk about it in the Garmin forum and in other online reviews. It seems to have it's own bag of issues so research well before buying.

The Nano/WR-1 was a neat little cam and overall a good value for the money; I'm a bit sad to see it go but technology has marched past it as it will with every cam eventually. Are you sure there's not something new moving around where you park, a flag perhaps? Even a blinking LED or light can set off motion detect inadvertently.

The form factor is slightly different but you might want to have a look at the Gitup F1C, another small footprint cam like the Mobius but with much better specs, performance, and supercaps to ensure a long life. The Mobius Maxi might work for you but it's not well-developed and some folks have had issues with it. The original Mobius is better daytime than the Nano but it's old hardware is hardly acceptable at night nowadays. I don't know of any other small-footprint cams save for the K2S dual-remote which is a 2-channel system but with the smallest cams around.

Phil

Thanks, no and it’s in an underground Parkade and I wait the full three minute video loop just to make sure and there’s no one down there or no cars moving or no one walking, but it’s supposed to actually shut off after 60 seconds if there’s no movement and it always used to. I’ve tested it quite well in the past in the same spot and it worked good so I think it’s just acting up. A couple days this week it actually did shut off but if you look at the timestamps of all the videos they were only three minutes apart from each other which is very strange because I still had a half a battery one morning to spare. So something might not be syncing properly but tomorrow I will do a complete reset of it again and see what happens.

Yeah I like the smaller dash cams but I like Wi-Fi it’s got to have that so I’ll definitely look at the reviews for the Garmin thanks

Oh and one other thing that is not working properly is the thumbnail for the video always shows the subject whether it be a car or a person and I’m not getting that now because it’s pretty much running continuously (sort of) so if something does happen man I would have to go through hours and-hours and it’s just too much trouble

Thinkware 70 might be another strong possibility, it’s only $129 and it’s got Wi-Fi built-in

OK I settled on the Thinkware F 200, i’ve got to scrap the RSC nano it’s impossible to fix the motion detection it just records continuously after several resets and wiping it, can anyone tell me if the F 200 thinkware uses the same power cable it’s sort of like a micro USB? Because I’d rather not have to reroute a new cable all around my windshield and under my dash, so basically can anyone quickly tell me if they all use the same kind of power cables?

Right I mean the part that plugs into the dash cam

Your current power supply + cable is 5V, won't work. Also, the connector is different.

OK thanks I’ll use the cable they give me

Your current power supply + cable is 5V, won't work. Also, the connector is different.

Yeah I see now from videos on YouTube that it is basically a straight DC connection and that means I couldn’t use a USB port and that means I couldn’t use my power banks to run it all night long set to motion detection

Back