Run wiring for rear cam on left or right side of Honda Odyssey?

genesplitter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
AUKEY DR02
I just bought a 2012 Honda Odyssey minvan and will install my Viofo A129 duo this weekend. Has anyone installed a dual-channel cam in a 4th generation Odyssey? Did you run the rear cable on the driver's or passenger side and did you hardwire into the driver's of passenger's fuse panel?

Unknown about Honda Odessey American version but I had ever had a Honda Odyssey here in China, its car battery is quite quite quite small, don't suggest to hardwire to it, if it is also quite small for yours.

Thanks Fabio, the hardwire kit will only power the dashcam when the engine is running so no worries about needing a large battery for parking mode. If I turn on parking mode at a later date I'll probably add a dedicated dashcam battery.

I just bought a 2012 Honda Odyssey (4th generation) minvan and will install my Viofo A129 duo this weekend. Has anyone installed a dual-channel cam in a minivan? Did you run the rear cable on the driver's or passenger side and did you hardwire into the driver's of passenger's fuse panel?

There is some You Tube videos for your model car, here is just one and there are others

I just bought a 2012 Honda Odyssey minvan and will install my Viofo A129 duo this weekend. Has anyone installed a dual-channel cam in a 4th generation Odyssey? Did you run the rear cable on the driver's or passenger side and did you hardwire into the driver's of passenger's fuse panel?

I haven't done an install in an odyssey but I've done an install in our 2006 pilot. I'm pretty sure it's similar. I ran it through the driver's side since that's where the rubber wire loom is located in the hatch. I took all the pillars and weather sealing down and ran the wiring through the driver's side headliner. It's not a hard install but it does take a lot of time to do it right for a clean result.

There is some You Tube videos for your model car, here is just one and there are others

Thanks Airborne. This is for the front-only, but it's still useful. The power to the front cam was run on the driver's side, so that tends to make a case to run the rear cable on the passenger side.

Back