RunCam 2 Cable for recording.

jcarbonell

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Good morning, I am an Airsoft player and I have a Runcam 2 installed on my gun but it stays on the tip of the gun and it makes it difficult to start the recording because it only gets recorded when confronted.
I saw that there are some cables for drones and airplanes that start recording at the pilot's command .. I would like to make a cable with a button and install next to the trigger .. so it could record and stop the recording more easily .. somebody knows if it has how to do this?

I dont think those cables for RC are simple ON/Off, or rather they are, but not simple like a switch but more like a signal in the wire turn on / off.
But if the runcam 2 have dashcam functionality ( can power on / off with a USB cable ) then you could use a external USB power bank and a regular USB cable and then put a switch on the +5 volt ( i assume )

Also i would not use a doorbell style switch ( only on when pressed ) that would be fine for a laser pointer but for a camera i dont think its a good solution, i would use a switch that turn on / off with 2 movements and not just 1 like a laser pointer.

Back