RunCam 2

Ok, real life tests. That's what you need!
The first quote dissipates all the doubts about last file saving. It seems the firmware's info is correct.
Now you just have to wait for the night footage. :)

Yahman, any idea about that Hawkeye Firefly Q6?

Just watched the video, as I'm sure you did too, but I think you know enough about cameras to decide if it suits your needs or not. ;)
The only thing I'd point out is the FoV: it's probably too narrow for your needs.

Just watched the video, as I'm sure you did too, but I think you know enough about cameras to decide if it suits your needs or not. ;)
The only thing I'd point out is the FoV: it's probably too narrow for your needs.

One can NEVER know enough..... hahaha so see, the FOV I hadn't counted that ......

:D

OK, I'll bite and tell you what I like:

- picture quality seems very good
- 60fps 1080 and 2.5K 30fps (4K unfortunately only 24 fps)
- display menu easy for on the go settings change
- form factor
- Sony IMX078 sensor
- Novatek 96660
- price at gearbest only $69.59
- Video Output : HDMI
- WDR
- available in dark black

Don't like:

- front leds..... don't want that circus up front screen shouting "I have a camera on board"

Don't know (yet):

- reliabillity
- durabillity
- night recording quality, although the image senser should be good for that
- can front LED's be turned off?
- only one mode or two modes (day/night switching)

Maybe more, but there's where you come in! :cool:

Yeah the hawkeye don't look all that bad, and i assume you can do something about those 2 LEDs if they cant be turned off in the menu.

Yeah the hawkeye don't look all that bad, and i assume you can do something about those 2 LEDs if they cant be turned off in the menu.

Or cut the cord, if it's for dashcam I'll never use the fronts anyways ....

cut-emoticon-scissors.gif

as for the runcam (back to topic) I've asked someone to test it, and this is what he says:

photo.jpg

RCSchim19 minuten geleden
hi, just did the test: had it recording without battery with usb power. let it film a stopwatch for 24mins and 30secs. pulled the USB plug. result: the recording went to 18mins (4GB). the 2nd file it created was 0MB in size and cant be opened. so you can loose the last few minutes. not good if you have an accident, loose power and the important minutes are not recorded... maybe you can set the cam to start a new file each 1min? but even then you could loose the crash footage... I think it's better to get a dedicated dashcam (there are so many...)

RCSchim
17 minuten geleden
and I forgot: in the 24mins it got really hot. not sure how many hours of continous recording it would survive. check out the sjcams - they have dedicated dashcam mode. or I think I saw a xiaomi dashcam...

So, RC2 is out for me, oh well....

images (2).jpg

as for the runcam (back to topic) I've asked someone to test it, and this is what he says:

let it film a stopwatch for 24mins and 30secs. pulled the USB plug. result: the recording went to 18mins (4GB).
Did he put it in loop recording? Doesn't seem like it. o_O

Did he put it in loop recording? Doesn't seem like it. o_O

35.gif Yeah,, alright, alright going back already hahahahaha what a debacle éh.... 46.gif

Asking the guy again..... let you know..... or check the YT comments there.... Thank G for you being in my life....

I'm asking because he says the card only stored data until it reached 4GB. It may be the sum of several clips (but in that case it should've also saved the remaining clips) but it may also be the maximum single file FAT32 supports.

I'm asking because he says the card only stored data until it reached 4GB. It may be the sum of several clips (but in that case it should've also saved the remaining clips) but it may also be the maximum single file FAT32 supports.

i think it's the latter....

He'll test in loop mode, with file protection ON......

OK, it's a bit late, but..... my Split broke down half year or so ago, and I got a coupon from Runcam, and bought me the Runcam 2 instead, since I wasn't going on with RC Split (too fragile), and I didn't get cash money back so, yeah the RC2. Here are some footage in diferent conditions, will make a night recording probably tonight with AVERAGE METERING, spot metering is a joke as you can check here:

Here's with AVERAGE METERING (night recording to follow)

Night recording Rucam 2 with the F1.2 lens.... just couldn't resist it. Would seem this lens pimps ALL M12 barrel camera's....

Compared to the Mobius 1 with F1.4 (2.8mm) lens:

And compared to the Mobius 1 with F1.2 (4m) lens:

And some ultra dark roads, M1 F1.2/M1 F1.4/RC2F1.2

Back