Running 2 A129's

LMJ

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo (not installed yet)
I dont like the thick VIOFO rear cam cable and find it a nusicance to install. Am thinking of buying another VIOFO maybe another A129 and installing it in the back of my SUV using a powerbank on occassion or mostly the 12v outlet in the rear. This will elminate all the wiring nusiance of the thick cable. Has anyone tried this? Any advantages other than the higher FPS I would get versus just running the current A129 rear cam?

What are the main differences between the A129 and the A119s? As a single unit are they comparable, are the specs similar? I’m not 100% sure myself so can’t answer the ‘advantages’ question.

The downsides would be price also the issues you will face when reviewing footage. The files themselves won’t be in sync so will be a nightmare to edit them together and match them up. If you want to save a clip then how do you do it on both cameras at the same time?

It seems having 2 A129s kind of defeats the purpose of having the option to make it a duo system. Is it really so much of a problem to route the cable? I didn’t find it too thick to work with, certainly wouldn’t be looking at spending another £100+ to avoid routing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are right. I installed the A129 read cam and am happy with it. Only problem is glare under certain conditions.

You are right. I installed the A129 read cam and am happy with it. Only problem is glare under certain conditions.

Glad to hear you stuck with installing rear cam vs 2 front cams setup. Thick cable does present some challenges, however I was able to install without issue and only found it to be a minor annoyance. Better to have a one time annoyance vs constant headache managing and syncing footage from 2 front cams...

With GPS mounts, both cameras could be synchronised within a few seconds.
Saving a clip on an A129 out of reach simply requires the bluetooth remote.

That said, for a front/back setup I would generally recommend the Duo rather than 2x single units.

If you have 2No cameras you also have 2No cards and 2No power supplies, so you may benefit from redundancy - both cameras / microSD cards / power supplies are unlikely to fail at the same time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D A129 / 129 Duo 3
Back