Running GT550W off USB battery Pack

Philly42

Reaction score
Country
United States
Would the unit function normally with just a battery pack connected via USB. I'm considering this if I were to use it for parking or use it for footage while cycling.

If this could work around how much recording time should 10400 mAh battery have?

Here's a battery pack I'm considering getting. https://www.amazon.com/gp/B009V5X1CE

Yes it would work off a battery pack. You would need 1A minimum output and that pack supplies more than that. Already tried other USB packs with the cameras I have. I don't know how long that pack would last but probably several hours minimum.

Yes it would work off a battery pack. You would need 1A minimum output and that pack supplies more than that. Already tried other USB packs with the cameras I have. I don't know how long that pack would last but probably several hours minimum.
Thanks. That's good to know. I'm going to give it a try

I tested the current draw of my GT550W and it is using a little under .60 amps at 5v while both charging the battery and actively recording. That battery pack should be able to run it for a good amount of time.

Back