Safety operations mode

EyeGaze

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello,
I dont know if someone here is in touch with Xiaomi staff, in order to request new features...

My request, after a long usage, is to add a "safety operation mode" or a "lock feature mode".
In other words, the possibility:
1) to lock the Xiaomi to just one mode. For example: your used to shoot video only? Then you can lock your Xiaomi to stay in "video mode" .
OR the possibility:
2) To lock unwanted modes. For example: you are not interested in "time lapse"? Then should be possible to prevent Xiaomi to enter "time lapse" mode.

Of course is not definitive, you still have a special menu to reconfigure all features of your camera... but you need to enter this special menu using an idiot-proof code, or a safety slider or some else not easy to activate by error.

Why all this? because the most irritating problem I experienced using my Xiaomi is the tendence to change his settings without any warning, RUINING entire events of my recording.
This happen for many reasons:
- In general, smartphones get false commands very easily (for example when you get or put it in your pocket)
- Last version of Xiaomi APP made even worse this problem: screen is full of controls very easy to touch by error (most of then are unwanted and rare functions).
-Remote control button has no feedback. So, for example, if you press the "mode button" by error, then your Xiaomi will change to "photo" mode without any warning.
- - - -
"actions" cameras are used in situations where there is no time or no way to check often the menu to check what the camera is actually doing.
One year ago, I lost an entire day of shooting because Xaiomi entered "photo mode" instead of shooting videos.
Yesterday, againg, I was sure to have the best video of my life... just to discover Xiaomi entered "time lapse" mode. FUUU.... I mean: this function is so rare to use... why the hell can be activated just with a touch in the main screen?!?

Please, support with comments and ideas...

but you need to enter this special menu using an idiot-proof code, or a safety slider or some else not easy to activate by error.

swipe down and click the lock to lock the screen. you can also go to settings -> advanced -> screen auto lock and have it automatically do this after 30 seconds of no input.

- In general, smartphones get false commands very easily (for example when you get or put it in your pocket)

this is easily avoided by enabling your phone's screen lock every time you put it in your pocket. this also prevents accidentally dialing phone numbers, texting, etc and is generally good practice for any cell phone use.

-Remote control button has no feedback. So, for example, if you press the "mode button" by error, then your Xiaomi will change to "photo" mode without any warning.

if beeps are enabled there is an audible confirmation, and if LEDs are enabled they react accordingly.

hope this helps

Back