Safty first

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
With the Sj6 legend pond disaster still fresh in my memory i have upped the safety for my bellowed action cameras from SJcams.
So with this water and shock proof transportation setup and the waterproof casings provided with the SJ cameras, and a heightened awareness with giddy high energy dogs around.
Then there should be no reason for not getting the recording in.

_DSC0330_big_thumb.JPG

what kind of case is this? looks like a cool SJ-Case!

I got it from Gearbest.
http://www.gearbest.com/other-camping-gadgets/pp_379771.html

The 2 Sj6 cameras are a little tight, and due to the location of the power on/off button, accidental power on might be a issue but i can fix that.
The SJ 7 star on the other hand are a little bit loose, but it dont matter as i plan to insert some form of divider in between the cameras, off course something that do not scratch the lenses.
Below the cameras i have a 3400 mah powerbank with a short mini USB wire plugged in, and then i have the spare SJ6 battery from the drowned Legend.

The rubber liner of the case are medium hard i would say, so i should be able to cut a little in it to make better room for the SJ6 cameras and make sure the power on / off button are safe from accidental pressing.
I will probably have to make some lens protectors out of something, i dont dare to have the lenses up against something that might have a grain of sand on it.
Will make a hard lens protector as i dont have much trust in the silicone ones, the hard one i plan on making will not touch the lens surface it will have a gap of 1 - 2 mm

It is a little bit overkill,,, maybe :D then again now i can fall land on my back and at least the cameras in my 30 L backpack will not be damaged, and they will not be drowned if i fall in the water.
I will probably be broken to bits as i an not young and in my backpack i also have tools for the RC cars and a few spare parts - extra lipo batteries for the RC cars - a knife - a fire starter - a flashlight - a survival saw - some para cord - spare batteries for flashlight - soft drinks in 33 Cl cans or 0.5 L plastic bottles - a selfie pole - a lightweight rain coat - cooler elements to keep soft drinks cold and on occasions the meat we will grill later, and i am sure things i have forgotten are in my backpack ( i should have gotten a backpack that is larger than 30 L )

So i might not capture the action of the fall, but i am sure to be able to film the result :)

And if we want to stay the night in the forest, well then i have to bring a tarp - my sleeping bag and the soft camping mattress, and to be on the safe side some toilet paper too.

I am planning to walk the 120 Km coast to coast trail that cross Jutland from West to East next year, i will probably have to do that alone,,,, but that's alright.
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/denmark/syddanmark/across-jutland-kyst-til-kyst-stien

One thing is missing= SMS GPS tracker:p

With the Sj6 legend pond disaster still fresh in my memory i have upped the safety for my bellowed action cameras from SJcams.
So with this water and shock proof transportation setup and the waterproof casings provided with the SJ cameras, and a heightened awareness with giddy high energy dogs around.
Then there should be no reason for not getting the recording in.

_DSC0330_big_thumb.JPG
Posted this on our fb :)

Back