Samsung Evo plus memory card not working

Jayjay525

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I was advised to get a U3 memory card and I opted for this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B08GY99LX8
This works fine when I plug it into my computer and I can format it as usual. However in my dashcam it doesn't record and when I try to format it on the dashcam itself, I get an error saying unable to format.

Any ideas?

@NextBase Support - would appreciate your thoughts/help too!

That could be because it's formatted wrong.

It needs to be FAT32. Try formatting the card in the dashcam as modern ones will recognise NTFS and Exfat and convert them correctly.

Stage 2 is SDFormatter but we can come to that if stage 1 fails.

That is a good fast card

That could be because it's formatted wrong.

It needs to be FAT32. Try formatting the card in the dashcam as modern ones will recognise NTFS and Exfat and convert them correctly.

Stage 2 is SDFormatter but we can come to that if stage 1 fails.

That is a good fast card

Yeah the issue is the dashcam itself won't allow me to format it, keeps coming up with an error.

In that case you need to check the card for errors with h2testw and if all OK then give it a complete deep format with SD Formatter to FAT32

So I was advised to get a U3 memory card and I opted for this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B08GY99LX8
This works fine when I plug it into my computer and I can format it as usual. However in my dashcam it doesn't record and when I try to format it on the dashcam itself, I get an error saying unable to format.

Any ideas?

@NextBase Support - would appreciate your thoughts/help too!

Hi,

Do you have a rear cam please? If so, please ensure the Rear Window Camera cable is fully inserted where the cables join- it should click when it's fully connected together. There's a connector about 30 cm from the rear camera, this connector can be a little deceiving and needs to be really tight.

If you don't have a rear cam or the issue is still happening after the above, then unfortunately the SD card is unsuitable for use in your 322GW.This is usually because the write speed is too low for the Dashcam to function. Due to manufacturing and supply differences, SD cards of the same brand can vary between batches. Unfortunately it sounds like your SD card is not functioning at the required level.
I'd recommend a Dash Cam compatible 8GB -128GB U3 Micro SD card, specifically designed for Dash Cam or CCTV usage. Using a dash cam compatible SD card performing at the required level instead should then allow your Dash Cam to function as designed. The card needs to have a minimum continuous write speed of 48MB/s. To ensure the card does function and has a warranty, we would always recommend a Nextbase SD card in a Nextbase Dashcam.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi Millie

That Samsung Evo Plus U3 has a write speed of ~ 90MB/s so I very much doubt if speed is the issue.

Here is the card :

ZQnmEfM.jpg

I've just put mine through the mill and :

7jjWqwW.jpg

I've been using mine since Oct 2018 without issue, including in a 412 and 380

At £15 for 128Gb I can't complain :)

I've been using mine since Oct 2018 without issue, including in a 412 and 380

At £15 for 128Gb I can't complain :)
thats the thing with nextbase nowadays, they charge an arm and a leg for their own brand SD cards and tell you no other cards will work, its a shame the brand has so much potential but they're becoming more and more like apple with money grabbing

Thanks for your comments. Our SD card prices reflect the quality of the product.
Any user can use any card that they would like, but spending the money repeatedly on failing cards will cost more than one card that functions correctly. We recommend using a card that functions, and if the card that you're using is not functioning, then we do not recommend using it. It's completely up to you whether you would like to use a card that we guarantee functionality and warranty of, or a third party product.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back