Samsung EVO Select/Plus or Pro Endurance?

crabu2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's my dilemma... I really want a 256gb SD card, but it seems no one produces a decent price endurance card at that size.

This has caused an internal conflict... I want 256GB, but I want an endurance card. Based on some research, it seems the EVO Select/Plus (I'll just refer to it as EVO) and the Pro Endurance are TLC cards. One has a 10 year warranty (Void when used in dash cams), the other is only 5 years but is allowed to be used in d cams.

Here's the deal... I don't care about the warranty. I only care that it works for a few years.. I'm thinking because the Pro is only 128, it's going to be written to twice as often vs the 256 EVO, so it's like the 256 would onl get worked 1/2 as hard. The nice thing about 256 is that it will probably store a weekend of video (I'm looking for a dual (Front/Interior) cam) easy.

What do you guys think? Should I just get the 256 EVO or are they known to fail often enough that it's not work it?

BTW, I'm not worried if the 256 card is to large because if it is, I can use it in my phone.

Thanks!

Samsung evo plus would be good choice for you, evo select is also good but evo plus offers better performance and speed.
P.S.: Evo select lasts longer a bit.

Reactions: EGS
Evo Plus/Select is the one I'd pick just to get the size I want. I've been running them hard for a few years mostly in 64GB and 128GB sizes and I may finally have one wearing out- not sure yet but the rest seem fine. The Endurance seems to be a good card too but even though it's supposed to last a lot longer I'm not sure that it does enough to offset the cost. Unless it's DOA or nearly so I don't warranty cards- as cheap as they are these days it's not worth the bother to send it back. It's been my experience that bad cards die quick and if they don't then they're going to be fine.

Phil

Reactions: EGS
Samsung evo plus would be good choice for you, evo select is also good but evo plus offers better performance and speed.
P.S.: Evo select lasts longer a bit.
Evo Plus and the Evo Select are the same. The only difference is that Evo select is rebranded for and only sold at Amazon.
I do use both and haven't had any issues with them.

My 128Gb Evo Plus has been going 3 years in 4 dashcams without any problems.

Back