Sandisk Class 10 don't support in the LS400W very good.

Saar21

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Some one here have the LS400W working with another memory card that don't do problems?

Yes and not one sandisk card, 3 memory card class 10 of sandisk.
Foxoffer have the same problems with sandisk card.

Sometimes it rcored for 3 min and then it stop to recored and say "Memory Error", sometimes it will recored 30 min and sometimes it will recored 3 hours, but you always get in the end "Memory Error".
If the loop recording is off it only recored up to 36.27 min=3.99GB

same cards have been no problem for me in the LS300W, I'd think this is a firmware problem that would be addressable, they're a bit lax on the updates though so not sure if that will happen or when, guess find a different card is the best solution for right now

What is your FW?
this problem is in the LS300W to:
Postby jumperguy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:30 pm

DAshcam: LS300W plus.
Firmware: 201305090
Micro SD: PNY 16gb, class 10
worked on first try.

Micro SD: SAndisk Ultra 32Gb, class 10 -
memory errors within 40 seconds of recording. however, i was able to take still photos and 1 video file after turning unit on.

my is LS400W 1305310-SC-2 i hope for you that you dont have this problem because that is not have a pattern is just happen with out a reson.

Saar21 said:
my is LS400W 1305310-SC-2 i hope for you that you dont have this problem because that is not have a pattern is just happen with out a reson.

maybe your hardware is faulty, I've used Sandisk, Samsung, PNY and Transcend (all Class10, 32GB) without a problem

this is how i get the camera from foxoffer

I can install your FW on my LS400W it can work?

Im checkign now Transcend 32GB Class 10 memory card, lets hope for good results.

I have Sandisk 32GB Class 10 (30MB/s Max).
However, LS400W stop the video record whenever file size is around 4GB.
I think it was a problem from FAT32 file system of card. I try to format and change to NTFS file system.
Unfortunately, LS400W cannot recognize the NTFS format then I must change into FAT32.

I think that the limitation of FAT32 is only 4GB in a single file.
The single file in a single record cannot bigger than 4GB.
All microSD card brand is the same problem.

Hope DOD will release the new firmware as soon as possible. :evil: :evil:

you have sandisk 32GB class 10 in the LS400W and its not do "Memory Error"?
what is your FW?

and an update the Transcend 32GB microSDHC Class 10 and Samsung microSDHC 32GB Plus Class 10 working ok only SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10 do memory error.

kooook said:
I have Sandisk 32GB Class 10 (30MB/s Max).
However, LS400W stop the video record whenever file size is around 4GB.
I think it was a problem from FAT32 file system of card. I try to format and change to NTFS file system.
Unfortunately, LS400W cannot recognize the NTFS format then I must change into FAT32.

I think that the limitation of FAT32 is only 4GB in a single file.
The single file in a single record cannot bigger than 4GB.
All microSD card brand is the same problem.

Hope DOD will release the new firmware as soon as possible. :evil: :evil:

This is normal, don't expect any firmware update to come as it won't, not for this anyway

jokiin said:
This is normal, don't expect any firmware update to come as it won't, not for this anyway
I mean that DOD should release the new firmware to support NTFS card.
So, now, the word "up to 32GB" is nonsense. :p

kooook said:
jokiin said:
I mean that DOD should release the new firmware to support NTFS card.

hardware won't support it

kooook said:
So, now, the word "up to 32GB" is nonsense. :p

not sure what you mean

In the product specification, it shows "External:Micro SDHC/MMC Card(Up to 32GB)". It cannot be used for real record @1080p @loop record = off.

Saar21 said:
you have sandisk 32GB class 10 in the LS400W and its not do "Memory Error"?
what is your FW?

and an update the Transcend 32GB microSDHC Class 10 and Samsung microSDHC 32GB Plus Class 10 working ok only SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10 do memory error.

I have not found "Memory Error" yet.
Could you confirm, Transcend and Samsung can be used for the single record? The single output file is bigger than 4GB?

kooook said:
In the product specification, it shows "External:Micro SDHC/MMC Card(Up to 32GB)". It cannot be used for real record @1080p @loop record = off.

it supports cards up to 32gb in size, there's no suggestion that it can support creating a file that large if that's what you mean, have yet to see a car DVR that will create files that large, they would be impractical anyway

if turning loop record off fails to write to the card beyond the file size limit then that's a firmware bug and would be fixable

Back