Frenky Tan

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, 119 Pro, 119S, Yi DashCam
Hi all,

Anyone using High Endurance 256GB yet?
It seem recently SanDisk 256GB just released, will it compatible without any issue with A129 variant?

https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/high-endurance-microsd
sandisk-high-endurance-256gb-front.png

We've been increasing our Sandisk High Endurance U3 card stock for dashcam USA bundles as well, they work great.

I just realized i can't access to my SanDisk 64GB directly USB OTG to my phone, the card was formatted extFAT.
Viofo can save to extFAT, but i can't even read it. 32GB formated as FAT32 no issue.

Anyone can help to confirm?

The camera will format using FAT32 for 64GB card and above?

I am running it currently in Garmin DC56 with parking accessory - no problems.

I use 256gb WD purple as it's cheaper and still high endurance. No issues noticed yet on A129.

good quality cards, have used hundreds of them without issue
They might be good quality and reliable, but the claimed lifespan is a bit disappointing:

SANDISK® HIGH ENDURANCE

https://www.sandisk.co.uk : Up to 20,000 hours for 256GB; 10,000 hours for 128GB; Full HD video only; total hours less for 4K UHD video. (No Mbps specified)

Samsung PRO Endurance

https://www.samsung.com : up to 43,800 hours for 128GB Based on Full HD (1920x1080) video content recorded at 26 Mbps.

So even though the 256GB Sandisk is twice the size and does claim twice the hours, it is still less than half the hours of the smaller Samsung. The Samsung is giving 4.38 x the life for the same size. Not sure why the Sandisk is called "Endurance"? It only has a longish life because it is big, it is actually a poor life per GB compared to TLC from a few years ago!

Only reason to buy the Sandisk is that it is available in 2x the capacity and has U3 rating, the Samsung is limited to 128GB with U1 rating. If the speed is an issue then Viofo have 128GB U3 MLC at not much more than the Sandisk 128GB.

good quality cards, have used hundreds of them without issue
Has it been confirmed to function properly with the 'X2Pro and 'DC' series cameras?

Last edited:
Only reason to buy the Sandisk is that it is available in 2x the capacity and has U3 rating, the Samsung is limited to 128GB with U1 rating.
the Samsung cards are not even available for us here so they could have a million year lifespan, still wouldn't help

Just started using one. Not managed to fill it yet. Only experienced one issue so far, not sure if it's down to the card or modded firmware. I pressed the bluetooth lock button as I'd seen someone with a dark filter over their number plate making it difficult to read (these seem to be getting more common) and was curious if it could be read in camera. This seemed to lock the camera up. I turned it off and back on, and the file seems to be missing entirely - no biggie in this situation but had it been an accident...

Just started using one. Not managed to fill it yet. Only experienced one issue so far, not sure if it's down to the card or modded firmware. I pressed the bluetooth lock button as I'd seen someone with a dark filter over their number plate making it difficult to read (these seem to be getting more common) and was curious if it could be read in camera. This seemed to lock the camera up. I turned it off and back on, and the file seems to be missing entirely - no biggie in this situation but had it been an accident...
did you format the card after updating the camera?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The Batman A129 / 129 Duo 32
Rhody401 A129 / 129 Duo 5
Back