Sandisk High Endurance 256gb read and write speeds

Pandasonik

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All,

I just bought a Sandisk High Endurance 256gb card from Amazon for a new Viofo A129 Pro, making sure it was 'sold' and 'delivered' by Amazon.

Fresh out of the package, I formatted it with SD Card Formatter and then ran H2testw. I am using a USB3 card reader on an USB3 port.

This card is advertised as up to 40 MB/s write and up to 100 MB/s Read.

Results below.

Should I be concerned with the discrepancies in speeds? Not complaining about the higher write speed, but is the lower read speed within the acceptable range?

Sorry just wanted to make sure I didn't pay for a fake card. Thanks

1609336231891.png

As a double check run it through SpeedOut

I am using a USB3 card reader on an USB3 port.
That may be a limiting factor. In testing I've done on card speeds I consistently get faster through put using a card specific port versus USB, not a huge difference but in all cases the USB has been slower. That said the write speed seems to be fine (well above the rating) which is the critical spec.

Why did you not test the entire card? It's something I do on all new cards just to insure the capacity is correct as advertised and recording/reading is good across the entire memory range.

Tried Crystal Disk Mark, read speeds seem to be better.

1609337846413.png

That may be a limiting factor. In testing I've done on card speeds I consistently get faster through put using a card specific port versus USB, not a huge difference but in all cases the USB has been slower. That said the write speed seems to be fine (well above the rating) which is the critical spec.

Why did you not test the entire card? It's something I do on all new cards just to insure the capacity is correct as advertised and recording/reading is good across the entire memory range.
My PC doesn't have a card specific port.

I did do a full test with H2testw, it took like an hour but it gave me the same results. Sorry forgot to ss that one.

My PC doesn't have a card specific port.
Don't worry, that is a pretty decent speed, especially for the write, and 10x what the A129 Pro requires.

It is always very difficult to ever achieve the claimed speeds without dedicated test hardware, and even then they may only be possible on a freshly formatted card. In actual use it will probably slow down quite a lot over time.

Reactions: Mtz
Looks about right. This is what I get:

Screenshot from 2020-12-30 14-33-29.png

Your read / write speed do depend on what kind of data you are moving, a tonne of small files will be slower than a few big files.

That might act as a barrier. In my testing on card speeds, I consistently get faster throughput using a card-specific port as opposed to USB; the difference isn't great, but it's always been slower with USB. However, the write speed—the crucial spec—seems to be fine (far above the rating).
What does buying a research paper have to do with this thread? Smells like a load of spam to me.

spam.jpg

Back