SanDisk High Endurance MicroSDXC Cards issue

k6k8vp58xm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have bought 2 x 256Gb SanDisk High Endurance MicroSDXC Cards and am having an issue with them I hoped someone here might be able to offer some insight on please?

The cards work fine in my DashCams, and in my computer when inserted directly as a MicroSDXC card.

The issue arises when the MicroSDXC cards are used in a computer with an adapter to covert them to the SDCard physical format to fit in a reader. When used in this way the cards simply do not show up in File Explorer or Computer Manager/Disk Management. As the cards work directly as a MicroSDXC card I don't they are faulty. The same microSDXC cards don't work in a different, known good, SDCard adapter, and different MicroSDXC cards work fine in these adapters so I don’t think it's them. The issue is replicated across 3 x different computer systems, so I don't think it's that.

SanDisk Support say these MicroSDXC cards are not compatible with an SDCard adapter, which I find a little odd as they are supplied with one in the packet. I think the cards are genuine as they were ordered directly from the SanDisk/Western Digital website. I don’t think it is just a faulty card as this is the second occasion I have had the same issues with cards ordered 6 months apart.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues, or have any ideas? I know I could just buy a USB MicroSDXC card reader but it annoys me slightly that, to my mind, the card don't work as I would expect them to.

Thanks,
k6k8vp58xm

Try using the SD card slot in a different computer. If that works, then go back to the original computer and update the SD reader driver for that computer. Be sure you try more that one computer, including newer model computers. If that doesn't work, try using the micro card in a different adapter. If necessary, try it with with adapters from different manufacturers until you find one micro-card/adapter combination that does work (writing based on my own experience here, as I've had the same problem you are experiencing). I would make sure to, also, try using adapters made for HE cards from other manufacturers, for example, Samsung's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any such issues with mine...

Both of my two 256GB SanDisk High Endurance cards (shipped & sold by Amazon.com, bought March 2021 and May 2022) works fine on Windows 10 using the built-in SD Card reader that came with my Dell Latitude 7470.
I did a full format in Windows first(in the process of testing to make sure the cards reach their advertised read/write speeds first) before inserting them in my dashcam and allowing the dashcam to format them again.
Dashcam: SG9667DC2K (Street Guardian)

Back