Sandisk new Max Endurance microSD line - 256GB rated for 120,000 hours / 5000 days / 13.7 years at 1080p!

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
I notice Sandisk marketing is at full speed and they have a new Max Endurance line coming out this week to sit above their High Endurance line.

The High Endurance cards were rated for up to 20,000 hours of constant recording on the 256GB cards whereas these new Max Endurance cards say 6x that at 120,000 hours which is almost 14 years of constant recording at 1080p. It doesn't specify at what bitrate they've rated that at and it may be only 5Mbps like a lot of CCTV cameras these days.

These times halve as you halve the capacity all the way down to 15k hours for the 32GB.

The legal blurb does mention these times drop when using UHD / 4k so assume it's worked out on total megabytes written and therefore higher bitrate resolutions will kill them off quicker - there will be a SMART counter in there somewhere for warranty I would assume.

Time will tell how reliable they are - they seem to go up to 256GB for now and UK pricing on Amazon at the time of writing (17 Feb) is as follows (Max Endurance first followed by High Endurance price):

32GB - Max £12.99 - High £11.61
64GB - Max £20.99 - High £17.32
128GB - Max £36.99 - High £30.36
256GB - Max £101.99 - High £83.89

The 128GB card seems to be the sweet spot in pricing for both Max Endurance and High Endurance for now.

It will be interesting to hear how these cards fare in the higher bitrate cameras over time.

Is the max endurance worth the £15 on top of the high endurance?

I dont thing Revered have any experience with the vantrue n2 pro

I picked up a 128 GB high endurance yesterday, but it is for my test suite of cards so i have not out it to use yet.
The MAX endurance do seem to be able to take a good deal more cycles to it, but i have not added it to my collection just yet.

The N2 Pro is not a write-intensive cam so most decent U-1 Class 10 cards should do fine. For cams like this, the only benefit from using an 'endurance' type card is a longer expected card life. If these specs hold true, any of these cards will outlive that cam at least three to four times over ;) Do be aware that regardless of specs, some cam/card combinations 'do not play together well' so to speak so there's no certainty these will work for you although they should. The pricing for the 128GB seems quite nice so it may be worth trying.

Phil

Have to admit I've not tried this card or the Vantrue cameras - this card seemed to be delisted for a while as covid lockdowns came in.

The most recent card I bought is a 400GB SanDisk Extreme Pro for 4k drone use, so far that's been a very good card in everything I've tried.

There's been no feedback on these cards that I've seen yet.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

My samsung evo select 64gb lasted only 9 months in my.n2 pro

Most expensive memory cards i ever got was 64 GB U3 cards some years ago, had to RMA one of them before it filled up just 1 time.
Another equal expensive one of the same speed class lasted a little bit longer before i also had to RMA that one, but in all fairness the replacements work fine.

Just got a 256 GB also U3 card, that was cheaper than what i paid for those 64 GB cards back then.

I have also owned a 32 GB memory card about which for years i was thinking " cant the damn thing die" and it did also die one day, but a long long time after i expected it to die.

This is one of the reasons you are advised to look your memory cards over now and then.

Last edited:
But the samsung return process has pyt me right off. Postage to holland for £6 recorded lol

Most of my RMA have been to local stores ( fill out RMA form at home on computer get RMA number ) jump in car drive to shop, wait in line for 5 minutes, leave with new card.
Or Amazon which have been just about as fast, sometimes they have the new card in my mailbox before i gotten to ship the old one back ( at their expense )

I did RMA one card to a seller on Amazon, but got a replacement card from the EU head office of the brand, think it was PNY and from Holland.

Back