Sandisk Ultra 200gb card; recommended or no?

Daeuka

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've read through the forum and have seen several posts about Sandisk not being supported due to controller issues. Since the firmware now supports 200gb cards, and Sandisk is the only maker of 200gb, does this mean the Ultra 200gb is supported, without the prior controller concerns? I've only found one post that says it works, but didn't see any followup if old files were able to be overwritten without issue.

It seems to be working ok so far.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...the-sg9665gc-with-in-camera-formatting.15448/

We don't generally recommend SanDisk cards but it's possible the latest cards are better now, and the latest Novatek SDK we compiled the firmware supports more cards now as well.

So far so good, but we need more real world feedback.

Appreciate the crazy quick response! That was the only thread I found discussing it, but due to the sheer volume of previous warnings against sandisk, I wanted to be sure. Just thought it was odd that the firmware would be updated to support 200gb when the only company making the product was the one you advise against using. Getting to buy everything before going on a long road trip and wanted to make sure that nothing was going to fail on me.

Appreciate the crazy quick response! That was the only thread I found discussing it, but due to the sheer volume of previous warnings against sandisk, I wanted to be sure. Just thought it was odd that the firmware would be updated to support 200gb when the only company making the product was the one you advise against using. Getting to buy everything before going on a long road trip and wanted to make sure that nothing was going to fail on me.

The firmware was updated to support 128GB, it just happened to be whatever mathematics were used to make it happen worked for 200GB as well. You can format both 128GB and 200GB in the camera now.
If you try one, let us know how it goes!

Will do! Ordering everything now, hope to have it all installed before the week end.

Yep still working well here - I've still not managed to loop the card yet after a crazy amount of driving - these large size cards are crazy!

Yep still working well here - I've still not managed to loop the card yet after a crazy amount of driving - these large size cards are crazy!
Good to know. Going to be driving about 2,500 miles for the holidays, figured this was as good a reason as any to add a dashcam.

2,500 miles of driving, that's no holiday, sounds like work :(
Shouldn't be too bad. Spending 10 days with some family in Florida. It's about 1,100 each way, with a planned stop in the middle of each leg. If another family member is well enough to visit, then that will be an additional 400 roundtrip. I travel a lot for work, so this shouldn't be too bad. Worst case, I tap out and get the other half to drive some too. ;)

Back