SanDisk Ultra (Plus) 400GB MicroSD / MicroSDXC, Class 10, C10, U1, A1

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
SanDisk unveiled a 400GB microSD card, which it claims is the world's biggest and will set you back $250
  • Capacity: 400 GB
  • 40 hours of 1080p
  • Read Speed: up to 100MB/s
  • Video Speed: C10, U1, A1
  • Form Factor: microSDXC

sandisk-400GB-microSD-card.jpg

sandisk-400GB-microSD-card 2.jpg

Crazy. We'll soon have 1TB storage in something smaller than a fingernail!

My first computer had the option of a 5 or 10MB hard disk and I thought nobody could ever find enough useful information to fill those up. (Actually that's probably still true for individuals if you exclude media files.)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I am waiting for “promised“ 2TB release for my mobile phone which from specs can use up to 2TB MicroSD [emoji4].

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

That's a lot of selfies!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Yeah, maybe for some one who does them, but not for me. My day is ruined if I see my own selfie. I am not that “cute“ any more like I used to be.[emoji3]

Yeah, maybe for some one who does them, but not for me. My day is ruined if I see my own selfie. I am not that “cute“ any more like I used to be.[emoji3]

And some of us like me have never been 'cute' :p I'm not photogenic- so much so that the best pictures of me are the one's I'm not shown in :ROFLMAO:

Huge card storage is nice, but cost is always the problem. The cards I use in my side cams (Transcend 400X 64GB) currently cost about as much as the cam's did :eek: and as easily as these little buggars are to damage or lose, there's no way I'd spend $250 on a card for a dashcam :rolleyes:

Phil

Now all we need is recording devices that can support that "monstruosity". :confused:

Now all we need is recording devices that can support that "monstruosity". :confused:
IMO that would be just about the right size for a dual channel, Full HD camera with GPS data given that I'm currently using 128GB in front and rear GC's. Don't let the cost of the card(s) scare you, they are just one component of the total system. It's only money, nothing you can take with you in the end. :whistle:

I might order one to test it out. [emoji2] seems like it was just yesterday when the 256GB arrived. I prefer Samsung over Sandisk hopefully a Samsung one comes out soon, might wait a few weeks.

I bet the counter fitters are busier then a 1 legged tap dancer on that little item:D:cautious:.

I bet the counter fitters are busier then a 1 legged tap dancer on that little item:D:cautious:.
We'll know in about a week when they start showing up on eB** for $79.95 with free shipping. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, did a little research and it appears that SanDisk is late to the game. :ROFLMAO:

https://usadiscountwarehouse.com/sh...MIpNeNyqeH1gIVhrjACh0CpQi_EAkYASABEgKNpPD_BwE

Since the GB is in lower case 'gb' maybe they're talking about Giga Bit. I'm half tempted to order one just to see what it will be.

-----------------------

Edit: Nope, I won't be ordering one. :cry:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/usa-discount-warehouse-cape-coral

------------------------

Edit 2: Surprise, the address is a mail drop. :eek:

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.671...4!1sg3c16Y6OGjioBUCi-ppF7w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Last edited:
which from specs can use up to 2TB MicroSD

Haha i noticed that too reading about some LG phone :D talk about being ahead of the curve.

SanDisk unveiled a 400GB microSD card, which it claims is the world's biggest and will set you back $250
  • Capacity: 400 GB
  • 40 hours of 1080p
  • Read Speed: up to 100MB/s
  • Video Speed: C10, U1, A1
  • Form Factor: microSDXC

View attachment 32974

View attachment 32973

Oh great! I can just imagine what it might feel like when this 250 dollar, 400GB card accidentally comes popping out of your dash cam while removing it and shooting off into the defroster vent, or wherever. :arghh::D

Edit: I wonder if it comes with the standard warranty disclaimer from SanDisk that it's not covered for dash cam use?

Last edited:
Oh great! I can just imagine what it might feel like when this 250 dollar, 400GB card accidentally comes popping out of your dash cam while removing it and shooting off into the defroster vent, or wherever. :arghh::D...
Yeah, that would hurt. I'd learn real quick how to dismantle the interior of the vehicle.

It is rare these days to see full size SD in dashcams.
Maybe need to put advertisement for quick courses: “Buy any dashcam + 400GB microsd card and learn how to dismatle your car interior“? [emoji23]

Haha i noticed that too reading about some LG phone :D talk about being ahead of the curve.
You are right. Thats why me being fan on Samsung since day 1 I had my very 1st smartphone I jumped over to LG v10 dual sim. Now I have my sight on v30 (dual sim?)

Yeah the new V30 looks pretty nice, but far too expensive for me, and factoring in the little i use a phone almost any phone are too expensive.

Back