Santa's Smart Car "Sleigh" gets rear ended by a truck (FRONT/REAR VIEW)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
We got permission to share these videos. (thanks @Santa)

From Santa:

"Hello again! Very happy with my Street Guardian SG9665GC cameras - I was recently rear ended in my smart car sleigh and having video was very helpful.

Here is the Front Camera View:
https://mega.nz/#!WdRzWbaJ!bU87oebQSVHLJJWIGbFVjxfALhGcXMH3BJpZVLvQDaM

Basically we were at a stop - traffic started to move, but someone in front of me stopped again. I stopped - the pickup truck behind me did not.

Here is the Rear Camera View:
https://mega.nz/#!mAZE0ZTb!ChxKTfxTopqrXUnflPVZEjhDJ9H59sOmF3fmJOpaEes

I have a spinning key on the back of my car (http://www.windupkey.com), you can see it in the lower left hand corner. I split the grill on the truck that hit me with the key. The damage looked very minimal on the smart car - you could only see one spot where the plastic stretched - drivers side around the tow hook cover. He also messed up my key. In actuality they had to replace the lower valance and the tailgate cover as well as the inner bumper. Oh and you get to see Santa Claus in his off-season work clothes :)

If you want to see more about The Sleigh I have a web page dedicated to it here: http://www.littleredsleigh.com/the-sleigh.html

Thank you very much for the fast service! I really appreciate it.

I have no problem with you sharing these videos. Would be interesting to hear the comments.

Top of the Nice List,
Santa"

If you're on Reddit, please upvote!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Roadcam/comments/3fc0uh/usa_santas_smart_car_sleigh_gets_rear_ended_by_a/

one of my neighbors made one of those "wind up toy" keys on the back of his late 80s ford fiesta. he removed the rear wiper and motor and replaced it with a little 2 RPM electric motor to run the key, and simply had it powered from the stereo fuse so it would start/stop along with the car. the key itself was made from plexiglass that he painted silver, but i can't remember how he attached it to the motor.

also, there's a bright red toyota tundra somewhere in texas. custom license plate says SANTA. he took the little iForce V8 badges off each front fender and instead now has a very similar badge that says "Powered by 8 tiny reindeer". i think i may have it somewhere in some of my dashcam footage, but can't recall exactly where offhand.

Serves him right for driving a yuppie poofter car.

:)

I suspect it was a hit on the car ordered up by certain reindeer.

In the 60's they sold large plastic windup keys on a suction cup. Usually stuck on the back of VW bugs.

Nooooooooo :(

Santa was my only chance of getting a new rear dashcam this year :( seem like the mobius must soldier on then.

Someone should write Santa a letter and tell Santa that he needs to rotate his rear camera a little.

smart-scott-china-1-660x473.jpg

He should have used a Jeremy Scott Edition with antlers.

From the SmartCarOfAmerica forum:

"Ho Ho Ho - now you know who is at the TOP of the Naughty list! I was able to change the story of the gentleman who hit me just by letting him know the accident was on video :) These little camera's are GREAT for smart cars - small and indescreet. Much better than my first dashcam. I have not updated my thread in forever - maybe if I get some time I can show what else I have added to the Sleigh - including the updated dash cameras."

From the SmartCarOfAmerica forum:

"Ho Ho Ho - now you know who is at the TOP of the Naughty list! I was able to change the story of the gentleman who hit me just by letting him know the accident was on video :) These little camera's are GREAT for smart cars - small and indescreet. Much better than my first dashcam. I have not updated my thread in forever - maybe if I get some time I can show what else I have added to the Sleigh - including the updated dash cameras."
:)

It would be a lot cooler if the key turned faster and slower according to the car's speed.
How about if the key really worked, so if you ran out of gas you just wind the key and off you go? THAT would be cool! :D

How about if the key really worked, so if you ran out of gas you just wind the key and off you go? THAT would be cool! :D
talk about a hybrid! it'd be like those flashlights you can shake up to charge them, or radios with a hand crank, usually meant for storm/emergency kits, so you don't have to worry about keeping batteries in the kit.

He should have used a Jeremy Scott Edition with antlers.

There was a Honda dealer in Houston that several years ago, lined up 8 white Honda Fits with a bright red Ridgeline pickup behind them, out in front of the dealer for the whole month of December. they even had them staggered across the steps and on ramps/stands to make it look more like they were flying together. I only ever saw it from the freeway - never got a picture, and couldn't find it online.

Air ...you pump the car with air :D
Methane - a diet of cabbage, beans and brussels sprouts and you can drive around the world. o_O

Back