Scaling to support large commercial fleets - automatic post to ftp

Niko - thanks for pointing me towards the Cowon AW1. Ordered one yesterday to experiment with and have contacted the manufacturer. It sure appears from your screenshots that the device can work in wifi Client mode, and that's half the battle. The other half is automatic posting of events to an ftp site, and for that I will just have to experiement.
I am quite familiar with the drivecam device. Great system, but lots of drivers don't like the camera pointing at them. Feels like it pushes too far into the big brother zone. Also, it is expensive and the quality of the videos I have seem is mediocre by today's standards. If I can come up with an approach that piggybacks on 'free' wifi, respects privacy, and scales to large fleets, that feels like a win.
Niko - I have now spent the last 24 hours experimenting with the COWON AW1. It is a beautiful looking camera with a good smartphone app. Wifi is a bit flaky and the implementation of DDNS is a bit muddled. That said, the biggest concern I have is with picture quality! Lots of pixelation, poor low light performance, under saturated color, and low contrast. No software settings to make any adjustments to affect picture quality. Too bad!

Niko - I have now spent the last 24 hours experimenting with the COWON AW1. It is a beautiful looking camera with a good smartphone app. Wifi is a bit flaky and the implementation of DDNS is a bit muddled. That said, the biggest concern I have is with picture quality! Lots of pixelation, poor low light performance, under saturated color, and low contrast. No software settings to make any adjustments to affect picture quality. Too bad!

Thanks for quick feedback. Myself still "playing" with it. Want to explore it from A to Z.

Update....I spoke too soon. Picture quality is mediocre when streamed over wifi. Downloaded and played it is completely acceptable. I'm impressed with this cam!

Update....I spoke too soon. Picture quality is mediocre when streamed over wifi. Downloaded and played it is completely acceptable. I'm impressed with this cam!

Thanks for update. I am glad you sorted out where was the "catch" with video quality.
Keep updated when / if something interesting found.

Back