Scenic Interstate 70 in Colorado: Grand Valley, De Beque Canyon, and More

Great job @hanstj. I actually traveled that route once westbound. Beautiful drive!

I would love to drive the westbound route one day. I have a feeling I am going to enjoy it more than eastbound. Ending such a scenic drive in a big city felt somewhat anti-climactic (nothing against Denver).

I would love to drive the westbound route one day. I have a feeling I am going to enjoy it more than eastbound. Ending such a scenic drive in a big city felt somewhat anti-climactic (nothing against Denver).
I agree about the ending in Denver. It was an unforgettable drive for me. Actually when I drove through they had closed the Interstate east of Glenwood Springs until they completed some blasting near the Colorado river. I was standing in the westbound lane until they completed the blasting then we were allowed to go on our way! Your video rekindled some great memories of that trip. I am hoping that you will be posting the rest of your trip east, or at least through the Eisenhower tunnel.

I agree about the ending in Denver. It was an unforgettable drive for me. Actually when I drove through they had closed the Interstate east of Glenwood Springs until they completed some blasting near the Colorado river. I was standing in the westbound lane until they completed the blasting then we were allowed to go on our way! Your video rekindled some great memories of that trip. I am hoping that you will be posting the rest of your trip east, or at least through the Eisenhower tunnel.

All of I-70 west of Denver of was successfully captured in video :D

Back