Scenic SoCal: Antelope Valley Freeway and Soledad Canyon

hanstj

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Insta360 One R 1-Inch Edition, Sony HDR-PJ540
This is yet another ride through one of Southern California's mountain passes. Enjoy!

My friend and i was out with the little RC trucks on Wedensday, and we drove to the area of julsø ( jul lake ) where we have our famous sky mountain :p

The area is just glacial leftovers from last ice-age and heights around 100 M, but there are some steep places alright.
Anyway the approach to the area is a total let down as you dont get a feeling for you are entering a "mountain" area, at least not to the same degree as your video above.
juls%C3%B8.jpg

Last edited:
My friend and i was out with the little RC trucks on Wedensday, and we drove to the area of julsø ( jul lake ) where we have our famous sky mountain :p

The area is just glacial leftovers from last ice-age and heights around 100 M, but there are some steep places alright.
Anyway the approach to the area is a total let down as you dont get a feeling for you are entering a "mountain" area, at least not to the same degree as your video above.

Well, with Denmark's high latitude, you don't have to climb very high mountains to go skiing, unlike here in Southern California :D In the winter, every time it rains/snows here, crowds will flock toward the nearby mountain peaks to snow-slide.

Does it mean many Danish people often travel abroad to go real mountain hiking?

I think most going on holiday are going for the lie on your back soaking up rays kind of holiday.

But yeah winter in Norway / Sweden or maybe down south in the Alps are popular for the ski-lovers, there is only a handful of places here where there is a rope that can pull you up a small hill you can then ski down in 30 seconds.
Canoeing up there in the summer is also popular i think, both Norway and Sweden have rivers that put our "river of the gods" to shame, though you can also canoe on that Danish river and a few others.

Cycling is big here and also i guess popular due to the good infrastructure for that and the lack of hills to crawl, and now you can put up a tent in any public forest to spend a night or 2 there or you can use the wooden shelters or if you like to rub shoulders with people use one of the many camping grounds.
And at least when i was a kid, if you just asked people you could put up your little tent on their lawn and spend the night there, and often get invited in for dinner ASO.

Actually i dont get why google street view havent outfitted a cycle with cameras and filmed the many dedicated bicycle routes here, many places the bicycle paths disconnect from the side of the road and really go out into the country where all you will hear is birds and cows.

If you like walking or cycling, then our ancient "army" road is a must, parts of it is still there even though it was there way before the vikings discovered the Americas.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hærvejen

Also reminds Danes what has been as that road end down south in what have long been Denmark too :(

Last edited:
Back