School bus forces car on shoulder to get 1 car ahead

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
A School bus makes a right hand lane change with a red Honda to his right forcing the red Honda on the shoulder. The School bus continues to drive on the lane, which will be exiting to pass a black car that was ahead of it and then gets back to the lane it was once in. The second lane change was tight too..
For the two dangerous moves, the bus gained ONE car length

Note the car attempting to make a change as his lane is slowing down and my lane is wide open thanks to the school bus.

Well if he had indicated for a little longer on the first lane change i would have been cool with it, but that there are just not cool.
I would expect people transporting other people, not least kids to be top of the line drivers,,,,, guess i am wrong.

Well if he had indicated for a little longer on the first lane change i would have been cool with it, but that there are just not cool.
I would expect people transporting other people, not least kids to be top of the line drivers,,,,, guess i am wrong.

They are some of the worst, although that red car could have just slowed down and let the bus in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i would have expected him to slow gown if the bus had flashed a little more, speeding up like that to " secure" your place on the road are not nice.
Though you of course always merge in front of another vehicle, i feel like i must first of all merge behind another one,,,, and i have to admit when i see a car coming up fast from behind to just get in front of me, well then some times i step on it and slam the door.
CUZ i often feel like making a adequate gap to the car in front are just prayed upon by some drivers, and some times i am not able to be the nice guy.

When I was going to school, our bus drivers were high school students. They must be at least 21 now but that doesn't mean they're any better, only more experienced with driving. There have been a few recent crashes in this area where the driver clearly wasn't paying attention to their driving including 2 head-on's where the bus was well out of their lane and another where the driver crossed over and went into a ditch on a clear sunny day o_O Other than the idiots who pass busses stopped to load or unload kids, it's more that the car drivers care about the kids on the bus by giving them space than the bus drivers caring. It's just another thankless low-paying job to them it seems :(

Phil

When I worked in the US I was always impressed with how courteous drivers were. You ought to try driving in the UK and then you will see road aggression at its finest! I could post hundreds of clips of that type of driving.

I don't know when and where you were here, but in SC USA right now I see more aggressive and road-rage driving in one day's normal commuting than you get in a once-a-week posting on a YouTube car crash channel. It's a madhouse out there :(

Phil

I agree, I’m in NYC and it’s either straight up incompetence or selfishness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it may be the region of perspective driving. If you are 100 km's west of Toronto from say Kitchener up the boarder to Detroit you won't see alot of aggressive driving. if you get into the greater Toronto Area, its every person for his or her self. In June I was in Britain (London and Edinburgh) for over several days an saw only one accident aftermath. I was on the road for a few days. I was also impressed in the narrow streets how there was courtesy when there only room for one car to go thru. Having said that, I my wife's relatives were more than interested in getting a dash cam. There must be a reason.

The roads are becoming a battle ground ..
More people need to be on Reeboks ...

Back