School bus runner/ Narrow vs Wide lens on stop sign runners

GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
School bus red light runner

Comparison of a narrow vs wide lens for stop sign non stops.

My 2 and 1/2 year old Iroad vs my 2 day old Mobius C on a problem for stop sign runners.

Wow the blue car didn't even attempt to slow down.

That's why I like my B40/A118C for crammed urban/suburban driving. With the ultra-wide angle you have great visibility out to the sides and have a very wide perspective to be able to see exactly what's going on. I'd miss stuff with narrower and more "normal" wide-angled cameras. I guess my ideal dash camera would be something as ultra-wide as the ones I have, but 4K video so that you'd have a little more resolution to work with to grab plate numbers more easily.

I liked how my Iroad doesn't distort things like a fish eyed lens, but I am missing so much stuff at the intersection.

you need to aim the mobius down a bit - it's washing out from the brightness of the sky. but other than that, it looks great. good comparison for sure!

with the first clip, i thought you were talking about the white suv directly across from you and how it basically rolled its stop sign. and until we saw the wide angle version, it wasn't obvious that the blue car even had a stop sign at all.

Back