Scotch tape

EmailPJC

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I need to change the adhesive tape that holds the camera stand and I bought a double-sided 3M that is elastic and transparent but takes off with heat and weight, is not as good as the original. Can you tell me the product code of the original tape or a specific model that correctly fulfills the function of fastening the camera to the glass of the car?
Thanks
---------------------------------
Necesito cambiar la cinta adhesiva que lleva el soporte de la cámara y he comprado una de doble cara de 3M que es elástica y transparente pero se despega con el calor y el peso, no es tan buena como la original.¿Podéis decirme el código deproducto de la cinta original o un modelo concreto que cumpla correctamente con la función de sujetar la cámara al cristal del coche?
Gracias

Enviado desde mi ALP-L09 mediante Tapatalk

I need to change the adhesive tape that holds the camera stand and I bought a double-sided 3M that is elastic and transparent but takes off with heat and weight, is not as good as the original. Can you tell me the product code of the original tape or a specific model that correctly fulfills the function of fastening the camera to the glass of the car?
Thanks
There should have been at least one spare pre-cut adhesive mount tape provided in the box. Have you checked to see if you have any in the box?

Thanks
There should have been at least one spare pre-cut adhesive mount tape provided in the box. Have you checked to see if you have any in the box?
Thanks for the reply. No, the box did not have any additional tape, only a stand with its tape attached.

Regarding the 3M VHB tapes there are many types and some models (like the one I bought) are not suitable for this purpose.

-------------------

Gracias por la respuesta. No, la caja no tenía ninguna cinta adicional, solo venía a un soporte con cinta pegada. Respecto a las cintas 3M VHB existen muchos tipos y modelos (como el comprado) no son adecuados para este fin.

@estore009 Should all boxes come with spare mounting tape?

Yes, extra mounting 3M tape should be included in package.
You can contact me for missing tape!

Yes, extra mounting 3M tape should be included in package.
You can contact me for missing tape!
Fine thanks. Tell me what data you need and how you want it to be provided.

-------------------

Bien, gracias. Dígame que datos necesita y como quiere que se los proporcione

Tell me your order id, and my CS will back to you for more details then, thanks for your time!

Order nº 404-0094579-6009977. Anyway I would like to buy an adhesive tape like the one on the stand so if you tell me the exact model I would appreciate it. One last thing, if sending the tape is very expensive, do not send it to me.

I have relocated several much heavier dash cams in our company vehicles which required I come up with new double stick tape. I have used this Scotch product and had no issues. Have used it to hold heavy 7" GPS units who's suction cup mounts let loose every few weeks during hot days. With this tape they do not budge

Scotch Tape.jpg

^^^Works great for me as well.

Thank you, I bought 3M VHB Adhesive Tape 5952, but I have not tried it yet.

I have a transparent tape of 3M and although at the beginning it seems to stick very well, with the heat it took off. I do not keep the container so I do not know what model it is.

Thanks to all for the help

https://www.amazon.es/gp/B00EDLPG7YYou can go to this link!
Anyway, it is free to send you extra 3M tape, but you need to wait for a few days for delivery!

Adhesive received. Twice Thank you.

How much would an additional support cost me? (if you want you can answer me privately)

¿Cuanto me costaría un soporte adicional? (si quiere puede responderme por privado)

Adhesive received. Twice Thank you.

How much would an additional support cost me? (if you want you can answer me privately)

¿Cuanto me costaría un soporte adicional? (si quiere puede responderme por privado)
PM you for details cost!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R B1W 11