Screen blank/off

fooey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Does anyone have the issue where sometimes the screen on the device doesn't turn on when the device is powered on (either manually or when it detects power [both when powered by the cig lighter or via a main plug->usb])?

I have to cycle the unit on/off (holding the power button and listening to the shutdown / start up tone) quite a few times and then the screen with the car will show.

that's not normal behaviour, where did you purchase it from, is it on the most recent firmware version already?

Welcome :)

Not heard of anything like that.

Does it also have the problem if you turn it on manually without a power supply connected?

You could try a full reset - hold power button for 20 seconds while turned on. Could also try giving it a good shake in case the screen connecting cable is slightly loose. It probably wants sending back but you might want to wait until there are some replacements in stock!

Apart from the screen issue, how are you finding it? We haven't heard much from people with production units yet...

Thanks for the replies - I bought it from Joovuu (order 22/12/14 received 07/01/15 but only had time recently to open and test it out).

Once I've cycled many times to get the screen on, then subsequent off/on will work fine. Seems to occur whether there is a cable plugged in (to the body, or to either the front/rear gps mount plugs) or not. It's really random at the moment and I've not had much time to make notes of the permutations tested. After some time of it working, the next time the screen will be off again and need lots of cycles to turn on again.

It also seems to happen whether there is a card present or not. I am using a Sandisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC formatted FAT32 via computer first in slot A; I have not tried it in slot B.

Another issue I've come across is sometimes the on/off sound is extremely loud and distorting, other times it's just the normal volume.

I will try and reset and see if that changes anything.

Firmware is listed as "FW 20141229 V1.0" which seems to be the latest according to mini0806.com

sounds like you might have a faulty one, you could try reloading the firmware and see if any change, if no go still contact @JooVuu and I'm sure they'll sort you out

Another issue I've come across is sometimes the on/off sound is extremely loud and distorting, other times it's just the normal volume.
Never heard of that either, sounds like something is causing trouble/timing issues during startup.
Contact Joovuu for a replacement - they should just work with no problems.

1, screen ON/OFF, the screen will be off if there is no button operation, you can press any button to wake up. Most user seems this as a problem.
2, if your problem is not same as above, please replug the camera into the GPS mount again, to make sure the GPS contacts are working well.
3, explosive ON/OFF sound, we never got this feedback. please upgrade with the 1.16 firmware to try again.

If you still have problem, you can send the camera back for a replacement.
All the mini 0806 uers have the right for replacement in the warranty expires.

Hi Rayman,

Thanks for your reply.

No it's not due to lack of button press - the screen just won't turn on. Even if I power on and off many cycles. The camera still records video and gps fine in this state (due to changing the settings whilst the screen last DID turn on). So from this I think the gps mount contacts are working OK.

I am unable to update the firmware because the screen remains black. I am not game to try and blindly press the button to initiate firmware yet unless you can confirm the actual key strokes - ie 1) put card in with firmware, 2) power device on, 3) push up button once, 4) push OK button..... etc

Back