Screen display

Topelius

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, when the unit is operating in screensaver-mode, is anything displayed? For example vehicle speed - I find that handy in my current Mio camera. Many thanks

no, it's off, wouldn't be any use as the design means the screen is not a suitable angle to view in most installations

no, it's off, wouldn't be any use as the design means the screen is not a suitable angle to view in most installations
Thank you for the quick reply - not used to such promptness - much appreciate the help!

Yeah a screen saver,,,, whatever would not be good on the wedge cameras due to their install angle on most windscreens, and not to forget it can often be hidden behind the mirror.
That stuff go better on cameras shaped like a pocket camera hanging strait down from the windscreen, and usually have a larger LCD screen.
But then stealth are right out the window, and thieves might mistake the camera for a NAV unit they can sell for a little weed.

Prompt? It took him 5 minutes to reply - must be ill. :D
Probably driving through Sydney Harbour Tunnel and mobile network was down there at that moment?
[emoji6]

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Thats why i always use the iron lung,,,,,, you see as a self proclaimed Aussie i know the SH bridges old nickname.
And the first 2 deaths building it was stone workers in the granite quarry in moruya ( one by falling rock / one by crane cutting off leg )
Another one got a gold medal for falling off the bridge,,,,,, and surviving though with a few fractured ribs,,,,, which we Aussies call a auie :)

Yeah a screen saver,,,, whatever would not be good on the wedge cameras due to their install angle on most windscreens, and not to forget it can often be hidden behind the mirror.
That stuff go better on cameras shaped like a pocket camera hanging strait down from the windscreen, and usually have a larger LCD screen.
But then stealth are right out the window, and thieves might mistake the camera for a NAV unit they can sell for a little weed.
Thank you... ;-)

Probably driving through Sydney Harbour Tunnel and mobile network was down there at that moment?
[emoji6]

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk
Let’s hope the traffic anti-mobile cameras were down too then....

Yeah you don't want to touch a phone while you're driving here, huge fines involved
up here in QLD they are going up to $1000 and 4 points from February i think.

Thats better than here i think, depending on how many of those points you have to do with.
325 AUD fine and 1 of 3 marks on your license ( mark last 2 years ), so clearly we Danes could do better.
Cuz even with that "small" fine, i am pretty sure a single cop could easy make his monthly wage every day busting people for phone use.

up here in QLD they are going up to $1000 and 4 points from February i think.
Thats better than here i think, depending on how many of those points you have to do with.
325 AUD fine and 1 of 3 marks on your license ( mark last 2 years ), so clearly we Danes could do better.
Cuz even with that "small" fine, i am pretty sure a single cop could easy make his monthly wage every day busting people for phone use.
I would absolutely love to see stricter enforcement around here. It seems that 2 out of 3 cars around me have a driver with their face stuck in the phone. :(:mad:

Yehah same here, if i added phone junkies to my compilations, they will be like 90% of the content, so i try to just add one or two now and then to underline the problem is still there.

...so i try to just add one or two now and then to underline the problem is still there.
Same here. I posted this a few years ago to show how oblivious the phone junkies are to what's going on around them. I bet this lady hasn't changed her habits at all since then. :(

Red car is woman texting in construction zone backup - motorcycle is state police. Driver was so oblivious that she didn't even see the lights and the LEO had to get use the P.A. speaker to tell her "(something I couldn't make out)...quit texting and pull over to the right."

Back