Screen Freezing- Is this a common fault with this model?

Jay888

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

So after having my 522gw installed for a few days, I've had it constantly freeze and stop recording. I don't even realise until I've taken a quick glance and notice it. It then takes me like holding the power button for like a minute + to get anything to happen and for it to restart.

It's really begin to test my patience and I feel like I've purchased a useless model/item.

For the record, I have a genuine Samsung 128GB u3 Class 10 SD card( i did all the checks to verify it and was purchased from Argos), which I know others use, so I do not know what else it could be.

I installed the latest 21.5 firmware successfully before i even hardwired it.

I have it hard wired with NO rear cam, just the front.

Can anyone help? I'm really thinking this will be my 1st and last Nextbase purchase, nothing but issues!

Last edited:
I would say your SDCards are fine.

As a power test, take it indoors and power it from a mobile phone charging adapter. That will rule out the vehicle wiring if it also fails indoors.

Hi All,

So after having my 522gw installed for a few days, I've had it constantly freeze and stop recording. I don't even realise until I've taken a quick glance and notice it. It then takes me like holding the power button for like a minute + to get anything to happen and for it to restart.

It's really begin to test my patience and I feel like I've purchased a useless model/item.

For the record, I have a genuine Samsung 128GB u3 Class 10 SD card( i did all the checks to verify it and was purchased from Argos), which I know others use, so I do not know what else it could be.

I installed the latest 21.5 firmware successfully before i even hardwired it.

I have it hard wired with NO rear cam, just the front.

Can anyone help? I'm really thinking this will be my 1st and last Nextbase purchase, nothing but issues!
Hiya,

Sorry to hear that you're having freezing issue. I'd recommend this quick test:
Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam using a pen. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now freeze?
If not, the issue is the SD card. If this is the case, please let us know the model of the card.
If it does still freeze, the issue is powering or the camera.

Please let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hiya,

Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam using a pen. Then, without the SD card inserted, please turn on the Camera. Does it now freeze?
If not, the issue is the SD card. If this is the case, please let us know the model of the card.

Kind regards,
Millie
Hi Millie,

Thanks I will try this, however, When I first got the camera I did power it on inside and noticed it did freeze too,(this was before I inserted the SD card) however, as this my first dash cam and experience with Nextbase,I just assumed it was a one off incident, so never really thought anything of it. I'll try the test given and see how I get on.
I would say your SDCards are fine.

As a power test, take it indoors and power it from a mobile phone charging adapter. That will rule out the vehicle wiring if it also fails indoors.

Hiya,

Kind regards,
Millie
Hi, So I performed this test, and no it did not freeze for the 15 mins or so the SD card was out. I then place the SD back in and drove around for about 30 mins or so and did not notice any freezing also, so I am unsure what is going on here.

I will continue to monitor it today and tomorrow to see what happens and/or if the freezing still persists.

Hi,

I've sent you a direct message.

Kind regards,
Millie

Back