Screen Menu Blank on minu 0805

mollydog

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A while back I went to upgrade the firmware for my 0805,(firmware.bin) afterwards, when I went in to the menu settings this is what the menu showed

Yellow where the word(s) should be, and when that word is selected it then turns blue

hassle is I don’t know what the settings are set to,and can’t see/tell what I’m changing them to

so I tried to down grade the firmware a few days back

I formatted the micro SD cars using SDFormatter, then saved the file firmware.bin file in the root of the directory of the card, I’ve used 3 different makes of micro SD cards and tried holding down the on/off button for 20 seconds a few times,

then with the 0805 powered down, insert the card in the 0805 then when I power it up, it doesn’t look for the firmware on the card but goes straight to this:

then the other night I downloaded the firmware update from Joy's post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mini0805-lastest-firmware-and-manual.15882/ but still no luck, the mini 0805 still
doesn’t go to read the card looking for the firmware update but straight to the screen as shown in the above image, I’m lost :)

any help would be most welcome

Have you tried holding the power button for 20 secs (hard reset) if that does not help you may have to use Direct USB

Edit: just read that you have already tried the hard reset, you may well have use the Direct USB method

thank you for your very quick reply frazzeld, yes I've held down the power button for 20 seconds a few times with no success, how do I do the "Direct USB"?

many thanks

than you for the link, I'll give it a try and hope i get it to work, I use Mac's but do have a mini dell 9 running windows XP and try it with that

many thanks :)

Edited to add:

I didn't see the second link to "0805 white menu after flash" I'll just tae a look now, again many thanks

Back