Screensaver doesn’t work on 522GW

PikesPeakTRD

Reaction score
Country
United States
My screen always stays on no matter what Screensaver option I choose (on, off, speed). I’m running 19.1 firmware. Does anyone else have this issue?

Sorry can’t help, my screen saver works after about 10 seconds, never failed after one year

Hi,

I'd recommend a Screen Saver test:

1. Bring the camera inside.
2. Plug it into a mains adaptor, or a computer. Ensure this is through the GPS module and not directly into the camera.
3. Press 'Power On' if necessary (PC).
4. Ensure Screen Saver is turn 'ON' (in blue).
5. Turn the camera to record. Does the screen go black after 30 seconds of use?
6. If you then click on the screen, does it come back on to show the recording image?

Regards,
Millie

I had exactly the same problem, it turned out my GPS receiver wasn’t working from new out of the box. Next base replaced it with no questions under warranty and it’s all worked perfectly since.
might be worth confirming that the unit is receiving a gps signal, as if it’s not, the screensaver won’t kick in at all.

What sort of logic drives the screensaver being dependent on the GPS?

And how were you able to determine it was not receiving GPS?

As above...the screensaver is a Speedo display when active and I noticed I never had that popping up. There is always a gps icon on the main screen which goes white (from grey) when a signal was detected, mine always stayed grey.
Contacted support, they swapped out the gps unit, voila! Icon turned white and speedo screensaver started functioning.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T 522GW 2
B 522GW 15
C 522GW 1
Back