Script for RAW photos

eros

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi,

wich script I have to use for RAW photos? Thank you.

Here you are. This one enables to capture raw+jpeg stills.

Attachments

• raw-autoexec.zip
    200 bytes · Views: 189
Thank you very much.

Last edited:
ok, seems like script is generating RAW, buy with which software you use to view it? I tried Sony RAW wiewer but it says that raw file is damaged.

ok, seems like script is generating RAW, buy with which software you use to view it? I tried Sony RAW wiewer but it says that raw file is damaged.

use this tool to convert the raw file to dng or nef

Attachments

• raw2dng.zip
    83.1 KB · Views: 67
I have managed it to get a photo that can be used, but the way is to long and every image has to be processed individualy. A better and faster way is needed to process the images IMHO.
Generaly the jpg quality from the cam is really good, at this time raw processing has not much more image details, only more noise.

JPG out of camera (25% of the real size):
ydxj0371szaugo.jpg

With Photoshop out of DNG converted (25% of the real size):
ydxj0371s_from_dng_wix9aa4.jpg

The DNG file in camera raw without any change:
dngwaszu.jpg

Yes, it's really tricky to process those RAW files properly, but definitely you can get more details from them:jpeg-raw.jpg

The raw file is created as well as the jpg but when I add the file to the raw2dng converter I get an unsupported format error

upload_2015-6-22_17-6-9.png

Maybe damaged raw file, have you tested it with other raws? What size they have, can you upload a raw for testing?

If you set the photo mode to 16:9 you need this in raw2nef.ini

Code:
23887872, 0, 4608, 2592, 7, 9216, 16, 4, YDXJ

Thanks funnel, that worked great, I had set it to 16:9. Works fine now.

Is there an OSX software to convert these RAW files ?

How process this raw files?

The problem is the missing information on the bayer pattern used by the cam.
Without this information embedded in the raw converter - imho - the results look like crap.

Just turn down denoising, contrast and saturation via script and you can get the same results out of the jpgs using standard photoshop tools.

The problem is the missing information on the bayer pattern used by the cam.
Without this information embedded in the raw converter - imho - the results look like crap.

Just turn down denoising, contrast and saturation via script and you can get the same results out of the jpgs using standard photoshop tools.

In theory the RAW photo should contain much more dynamic range (10 to 14 bits vs 8bit raw) but I'm not sure this is the case with the Xiaomi RAW, seems to clip the highlights at least.

How do you change denoising, contrast and saturation via scripts?

Back