SD card and camera problems

Mersey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I wonder if anyone can help me?
I have a recent hardwired camera front and back bought in a Nextbase 322GW bundle which also included the nextbase sd card.
The camera has been replaced 3 x by Halfords - twice on the same day as the fitter noticed it was so hot it almost burnt his hand. When we drove home the new one had stopped working and had become really hot again so we asked him to check it and he had to swap that one over as well.
Anyway that camera worked very well for a bit until recently. The sd card said “card error” and the screen was frozen and it shut down and overheated again so i called Nextbase who recommended changing the card - I did, at Halfords.
Two days ago, the camera overheated again and had to be replaced as it shut down and didn’t restart so Halfords gave us a new camera.
I put the card in this new camera but the card doesn’t work now. The camera is working fine but the sd card won’t format or work at all.
Has anyone experienced this before?
Can it be the sd cards causing the shut down/overheating or is it something else causing the card errors and the camera failures, couldnit be the hardwire kit? I can’t keep going back to Halfords. Does anyone have any idea?

I had problems with my gw322 being fussy about SD cards and was dropping video.
Nextbase suggested I get a Nextbase SD card, but you have that, but I don't see why cards within specifcation shodul not work.
Anyway changed the SD cards and all well, apart from video quality which is unacceptable.
I doubt SD card is the issue - sounds like running two video cameras at once is stressing processor to create excessive heat. You could try dropping the video quality as an experiment and or changing the SD card.
I would just change the model.

Back