SD Card Error Message

psychosax

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Have a 522GW with a NEXTBASE 64GB SD Card, hardwired, Parking Mode turned OFF. Every time I turn on ignition the dash cam starts up as normal but I then get a SD Card error message asking to reset the card. Each time I chose to reset, follow the prompts and dash am then restarts and works fine, until the next time the ignition is restarted? Any ideas/ tips appreciated

Does that reset include a full format ?

Hello,

You can re-format the card by two methods;

1) On the Dash Cam Itself
2) On a Computer

1) On the Dash Cam:
a) Turn on the Dash Cam
b) Stop it recording
c) Open Settings
d) Go into Setup
e) Click 'Format'
f) Follow the instructions.

2) On a Computer:
a) Plug the SD card into the SD card port, or plug the provided USB cable into the port on the top of the camera (select UPDATE on the cam's screen).
b) When the drive appears, right click on the drive.
c) Select 'Format' (Windows) or 'Erase' (Mac)
d) Do not click the 'Quick Format box'. Please ensure it's formatted as exFAt or FAT32.
e) Follow the instructions.

Please be aware that formatting the SD card will delete all the data on the card, so if you wish to keep any footage, please copy this across to a computer before you start the formatting process.

We recommend reformatting the SD card every 2-3 weeks to prolong the life of the card.

If you're still receiving an SD Card error message on the camera's screen after a cam format, I'd recommend a full computer format.
When was the SD card purchased please and how often have you been formatting?

Regards,
Millie

Hello,

2) On a Computer

1) On the Dash Cam:
a) Turn on the Dash Cam
b) Stop it recording
c) Open Settings
d) Go into Setup
e) Click 'Format'

2) On a Computer:
a) Plug the SD card into the SD card port, or plug the provided USB cable into the port on the top of the camera (select UPDATE on the cam's screen).
d) Do not click the 'Quick Format box'. Please ensure it's formatted as exFAt or FAT32.

Please be aware that formatting the SD card will delete all the data on the card, so if you wish to keep any footage, please copy this across to a computer before you start the formatting process.

We recommend reformatting the SD card every 2-3 weeks to prolong the life of the card.

If you're still receiving an SD Card error message on the camera's screen after a cam format, I'd recommend a full computer format.

Regards,
Millie
I’m following steps on dash cam screen!
Card is approx 18 months old.

before lockdown I was regularly reformatting card at least every 3 weeks but due to not really driving I’ve let it go last 2 months to approx every 4/5 weeks

Hello,

2) On a Computer

1) On the Dash Cam:
a) Turn on the Dash Cam
b) Stop it recording
c) Open Settings
d) Go into Setup
e) Click 'Format'

2) On a Computer:

Regards,
Millie
Tried the computer reformat and when I click ‘reformat’ I get a “Card Write Protected” message so cannot carry on with Format?

Tried the computer reformat and when I click ‘reformat’ I get a “Card Write Protected” message so cannot carry on with Format?
Sounds like the card has failed and gone into 'read only' mode to protect whatever has already been written. Time for a new card.

Sounds like the card has failed and gone into 'read only' mode to protect whatever has already been written. Time for a new card.
Thanks for that, yeah was thinking same myself! Really thought tho it should have lasted more than 19 months as a next base branded card

Back