SD card failed again

Bollos

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all i have a DR9000s 2 ch it's 7 months old & has just **** it's 2nd 128g SD card , is their a know fix for this issue as yet ? or will they just keep replacing under warranty for 12 months then wipe their hands & say not their issue ?
Clearly from what you can find online it is a known issue & with these cards being $180 + in Australia i wouldn't think it isn't reasonable to go to dept of fair trading to log a complaint for faulty product

What type of a SDcard do you use?

i am using the blackvue card 128g that came with the cameras, actually it's a replacement but still blackvue

My Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB SD card only cost me NZ$105. Australia and New Zealand have strong consumer rights laws. Request a refund/replacement. The Samsung Pro Endurance is what many people on here seem to use, and it's cheaper than Blackvue's 128GB SD cards, well at least what Blackvue is charging in NZ. Got my card on sale from PBTechnologies, a retailer in NZ.

Maybe there is something wrong with your unit that's causing the cards to fail? I've not had any recording issues with my DR900S and Samsung 128GB Evo Select card since I started using them last September.

Hi all i have a DR9000s 2 ch it's 7 months old & has just **** it's 2nd 128g SD card , is their a know fix for this issue as yet ? or will they just keep replacing under warranty for 12 months then wipe their hands & say not their issue ?
Clearly from what you can find online it is a known issue & with these cards being $180 + in Australia i wouldn't think it isn't reasonable to go to dept of fair trading to log a complaint for faulty product
My dash cam recently started playing “check sd card” and since then I cannot get my computers to read the 128g sd card, let alone format it. I bought this unit only 3 months ago. I contacted blackvue Australia and they asked for a purchase invoice and a picture of the SD card. But it seems this is a known issue.... does the new replacement SD card carry the same 12 month warranty?

My dash cam recently started playing “check sd card” and since then I cannot get my computers to read the 128g sd card, let alone format it. I bought this unit only 3 months ago. I contacted blackvue Australia and they asked for a purchase invoice and a picture of the SD card. But it seems this is a known issue.... does the new replacement SD card carry the same 12 month warranty?
Try this.. Press and hold the button on the side for about 10 sec or so or when the voice sez..format card...let button go then press button again for five sec or so or when the voice sez formatting card.. It should format and restart several times..

Try this.. Press and hold the button on the side for about 10 sec or so or when the voice sez..format card...let button go then press button again for five sec or so or when the voice sez formatting card.. It should format and restart several times..
If it was that easy, i don’t think people post this topic on here. That’s the very first thing I tried and I’m sure others did too. It’s a known issue - when a SD card, particularly 128gb, is corrupt, it becomes write protected, which triggers the error sound “check SD card”. Once that happens, you can’t format it even via desktop app. Blackvue sent me a replacement overnight and it’s working again. I just hope that this one will last more than 3 months or this replacement carries the same one year warranty.

When my 550 nagged me to format the card but wouldn't do it, I was always able to format it in my PC. (Just saying)

My Blackvue 128GB card lasted less than a year in my DR900s-2ch... but given they are $169 plus taxes.. I won't get one again.

Hi mate, i got onto blackview & they gave me for free the samsung 128g sd card for free as a replacement & it also comes with a 5 year warranty

Judging by the number of these issues i have seen with these cameras / brand, it make it hard for me to recommend them to anyone.
It is after all one of the most important things in a dashcam that are compromised with this memory card behavior.
It do also make me wonder what they actually do to make it the way it appear to be, and why they would do that in the first place.

Back