SD Card Failure

cosmarchy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My DR750s-2CH seems to be eating SD cards.

I've tried a number of non Blackvue SD cards of all sizes and they all seem to result in intermittent restarting. They've all been MLC sandisk cards, the latest being a high endurange video monitoring variety which is specifically designed for dash cams. This one resulted in the camera producing an audio warning to "check SD Card" but some have announced "restarting" and quite a lot of restarts without any announcment.

In all, three types of high endurance SD cards; not the cheap ones but ones which should last and the camera just carries on restarting until I put back in the original Blackvue card.

I have a strong suspicion these are rebranded; does anyone know who the manufacturer is or what Blackvue does to them in order to make them last?

Try pressing and holding the wifi button as soon as you turn the camera on as it may not detect this button pressing function when it is trying to run the card processor. I don't know what the difference is inside the cards but there is a lot of discussion on this site indicating that the tiny solid state electronics in these things talks in a very specific way to the camera. I have always used Delkin cards in a QVIA AR790, Blackvue DR650GW and DR750S without any problems.

Back