SD card formatting error & battery life 312GW

Monkey Boy 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi have had my Nextbase 312GW for just under a year now and I noticed yesterday that I get an error reading about SD card . Blue screed and SD Card error - Card needs formatting
I am using a 32GB Sandisk ultra card and have not had a problem before. I have tried formatting the card both using the on screen formatting within the settings menu and also from my PC but I keep getting the same error message coming up.
I have also tried two other SD cards, both Sandisc cards , but of 8GB and with either of them fitted I get the same error message.
Could this be an error with the 312GW unit itself nor reading the cards ?

Also the battery life is appalling on the unit. I am lucky to get 1 to 2 minutes with the unit disconnected from a power source.

Any advice would be much appreciated on how to fix these problems

Last edited:
1 - micro sd card error on screen issue. I brought a 412gw back in the summer, brought it from Halfords with a 32gb sandisk memory card. Returned the dashcam back to Halfords due to a constant sd card error on screen. I was given a brand new boxed 412gw & brought a new 32gb sandisk micro sd card (discounted) & it’s been fine ever since. Morale of the story take your dashcam back to Halfords explain the issue & there replace hassle free of dashcam was purchased under a year ago.

2 - always best to keep the dashcam plugged in with he supplied 12v in car charger. My 412gw only holds about 4 to 5 minutes of battery life (if un plugged) but this is normal due to the small battery size but you’d only take it off charge if you had an accident to actually take a picture with your dashcam I suppose

1 - micro sd card error on screen issue. I brought a 412gw back in the summer, brought it from Halfords with a 32gb sandisk memory card. Returned the dashcam back to Halfords due to a constant sd card error on screen. I was given a brand new boxed 412gw & brought a new 32gb sandisk micro sd card (discounted) & it’s been fine ever since. Morale of the story take your dashcam back to Halfords explain the issue & there replace hassle free of dashcam was purchased under a year ago.

2 - always best to keep the dashcam plugged in with he supplied 12v in car charger. My 412gw only holds about 4 to 5 minutes of battery life (if un plugged) but this is normal due to the small battery size but you’d only take it off charge if you had an accident to actually take a picture with your dashcam I suppose
Hmm. Dashcam bought from Amazon so doubt I could send it back.
The unit is always plugged into the car.
I timed the battery life from fully charged to empty. 35 seconds. So I bet the battery is FUBAR.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Get in touch with Tiffany at nextbase, she may be able to help you get an replacement if you have proof of receipt

Hi please could you advise the details for Tiffany at Nextbase, as I have the same issue on my 312GW, bought from Amazon less than a year ago

Not sure if she is still there, anyone in the service department will be able to help you out though I'm sure

Yeah I haven’t seen here name crop on the forums for a little while now, Tiffany was excellent interacting with the nextbase forum members

Yeah I haven’t seen here name crop on the forums for a little while now, Tiffany was excellent interacting with the nextbase forum members
She requested her user name to be changed a while back and the interaction seems to have slowed down since so I was thinking that she either went on holiday or has left, whoever is managing the account here now is nowhere near as active

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B 312GW 5
Rickn55 312GW 4
M 312GW 6
J 312GW 11
L 312GW 1
Back