SD Card Help

ST09

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Apologies for creating a new thread (just didn't want to hijack other members thread).
Im currently using Sandisk Extreme 128GB U3 and so far Ive had no issues.
But Ive been advised to either Nextbase Cards or Sandisk High Endurance Card.
Looking for any first hand advise re your experience with Sandisk cards.

p.s just checked halfords website and they are selling Sandisk Extreme marked as suitable for dashcam.

Thanks
S.

Last edited:
Nextbase memory cards are specified more due to being specially made for Dashcam use and to be over written many many times.

I used to use the Sandisk Ultra U3 and Extreme U3 cards in my old Nextbase 312 and never had a problem at all with them.
If you're recording in higher resolution the Extreme part is a must due to the higher writing speeds needed.
I use the Nextbase 128GB SD Card in my 612 as it's 4K and their 64GB SD card in my 322. How ever I recently got the Mrs a 322 for her car as well and we use a 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3 same as yours in that and it has been fine. Got it for £20 when buying the cam from Halfords as Amazon had them on offer for £20 so Halfords priced match for us so it was a no brainer for that money.

Nextbase memory cards are specified more due to being specially made for Dashcam use and to be over written many many times.

I used to use the Sandisk Ultra U3 and Extreme U3 cards in my old Nextbase 312 and never had a problem at all with them.
If you're recording in higher resolution the Extreme part is a must due to the higher writing speeds needed.
I use the Nextbase 128GB SD Card in my 612 as it's 4K and their 64GB SD card in my 322. How ever I recently got the Mrs a 322 for her car as well and we use a 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3 same as yours in that and it has been fine. Got it for £20 when buying the cam from Halfords as Amazon had them on offer for £20 so Halfords priced match for us so it was a no brainer for that money.

Thanks Rick. That really helped. Im more likely to keep using Sandisk Extreme card until it lasts or I notice any anomalies i.e missing recording, camera freezing etc.
Currently running 522GW with Rear View Module add on but will be installing Rear Window Camera when rain/wind decides to stop lol. I wanted to avoid routing the cable etc for Rear Camera but the Rear View Module add on is not good enough especially with child seat installed in rear seat.

Before you install it, have a 'practice' run with the routing of the cables as rear cams have been known to interfere with radio reception especially DAB.

Before you install it, have a 'practice' run with the routing of the cables as rear cams have been known to interfere with radio reception especially DAB.

Thanks Bud.

Going to follow the same steps as per below:

Mercedes Benz A Class Install

Will also be moving from ignition live to permanent live fuse slot as the battery doesn’t last long with two cameras installed and parking mode switched on.

I hope that doesnt destroy my car battery.
Sal

If you have the hard wire kit you will be OK. In fact there is absolutely no point in connecting the camera to an ignition switched supply using the hard wire kit.

If you have the hard wire kit you will be OK. In fact there is absolutely no point in connecting the camera to an ignition switched supply using the hard wire kit.
Brilliant. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Apologies for creating a new thread (just didn't want to hijack other members thread).
Im currently using Sandisk Extreme 128GB U3 and so far Ive had no issues.
But Ive been advised to either Nextbase Cards or Sandisk High Endurance Card.
Looking for any first hand advise re your experience with Sandisk cards.

p.s just checked halfords website and they are selling Sandisk Extreme marked as suitable for dashcam.

Thanks
S.

Hi,

Unfortunately, San Disk Ultra and Extreme SD cards are not designed to be used inside Dash Cams, San Disk actually void the warranty if an Ultra or Extreme is used inside a Dash Cam. If you believe otherwise to be the case please contact the manufacturer for confirmation. https://shop.westerndigital.com/en-gb/warranty

If you use a card that is not designed for a Dash Cam (or CCTV camera) you are far more likely to encounter problems, this is because the card might not be able to cope with the constant stress applied by continuously recording videos in a loop.

For a Nextbase Dash Cam, we recommend using a U3 Dash Cam compatible SD card that is specifically designed for use in a Dash Cam or CCTV equipment. For best results, we recommend using Nextbase branded or San Disk High Endurance (U3) SD cards.

Every 2-3 weeks we recommend that you reformat the memory card. This will wipe any files from the card and set it up afresh for continued use with your dashcam. Of course, you should only do this AFTER you've downloaded any files from the card that you may want to keep, as formatting the card will remove all content.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Back