SD card issue

generationgav

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Noticed that my B1W isn't recording constantly anymore. It works for a while and then starts repeatedly saying something that sounds like "Lost SD Card" all of the symptoms are like the slow SD card issue. I've formatted the SD card and tested it on my PC with no errors. Happy to try swapping it for a new one if it's likely to help but wanted to be sure first.

Happy to try. I formatted it from the camera though

Maybe THIS POST will help. This cam also seems to have some issues with the RTC losing it's place which can interrupt recording. Best to use the app and synch the time setting in the cam monthly. "h2testw" may not find all bad segments on a card, best to try Crystaldiskmark which checks all sectors for card speed. And SDformatter with a full overwrite is the most solid way to format a card as it resets everything to factory specs. Always do an in-cam format as the last step. If all this checks OK then try reinstalling the FW- use a 32GB or smaller card for that.

The B1W started out as a pretty solid cam but somewhere along the way some persistent issues crept in and I personally do not feel comfortable with it now. It still has good factory support so your problem can likely be solved one way or another ;)

Phil

@SawMaster thanks for your help. Didn't get much time to do proper testing until today. Ran the CrystalDiskMark and that didn't spot anything, so decide to use SDformatter to fully hard format the SD card. I tried twice and both times it failed at around 60%. New card arriving tomorrow!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W B1W 4
C B1W 1
Y B1W 12
J B1W 2
S B1W 9
Back