SD card keeps breaking (SanDisk Ultra Class 10 32GB)

TikTak

Reaction score
Country
Australia
When I first got the Blackvue DR650GW-1CH (late 2015) I used a SanDisk Ultra Class 10 32GB micro SD. It lasted for 18 months. I am aware that a SD card will eventually break and will not last forever. I formatted it every month and looked after it very well. When it died, I found out that it had broke and I could no longer open up the folder or save data on the computer. So I bought another one.

I bought exactly the same model card. I tested and verified that it was legitimate. It could write files up to 18mb/s. Everything was going good for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks of use, I found out that the videos saved were choppy and the audio was missing (voice recorder was turned on). I found out that the SD card was too slow to write the video onto the card and hence the choppy quality. I formatted the SD card and put it in the Dashcam. Again, everything was going good for 2 weeks and then the videos were choppy again... I formatted the card every week for the next 3 weeks and now I can't use the card. The card only lasted just over a month.

I bought another one again, exactly the same model, verified and tested it. The same thing happened again. I don't understand how my first SD card could last for 18 months and all of a sudden, the next 2 that I bought only last for a month? I'm thinking maybe the Dashcam may be broken and keeps breaking the SD card. Maybe if i buy another SD card again, it'll just break like the last ones did. Has anyone got the same problem? Is there a fix?

buy the high endurance version or the Pittasoft branded cards, even the cards look the same and have the same part number they change things internally

Alright, I will try and use the Pittasoft 16GB card that came with the Dashcam. If it goes wrong again, I'll let you know.

It might also be your camera as well. Keep in mind that most electronic items do experience wear and tear. 2 years might seem a bit short but it does happen.

Back