SD card or Micro SD card?

Jc0187

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got mine yesterday and have yet to open it (long work rotation). Amazon say's it needs a regular SD card, but all of the cams I owned previously used Micro SD cards. Before I purchase one, do I need the micro or regular SD version? Also, any brand specifics I should stick clear of?

It is microSD.

I think Blueskysea recommend Samsung Endurance rather than Evo, some of the Evo cards are not fast enough and cause some beeping, even though the camera does not write very fast. Worth a search through the posts to see what other people are using.

It is microSD.

I think Blueskysea recommend Samsung Endurance rather than Evo, some of the Evo cards are not fast enough and cause some beeping, even though the camera does not write very fast. Worth a search through the posts to see what other people are using.
Alright. Thanks for the help. I’ll probably look into a Samsung card. Is it going to be a micro or regular SD card?

Most things today are micro sd cards, i only think big things like DSlr cameras still hang on to the full sized SD cards, i know it is in my Nikon.

ok. That’s what I thought too.

I've had good success using the 128GB Samsung EVO Select from Amazon with this cam and so have many others, but YMMV. It's possible that this card is near-marginal with this cam and lesser-performing batches just aren't quite enough. I've noticed that apparently happening with a different card which was once my preferred choice ;)

Always best to use the cards which the manufacturer recommends as long as they are being reported as working well with other owners of your cam here on DCT (y)

Phil

I've had good success using the 128GB Samsung EVO Select from Amazon with this cam and so have many others, but YMMV. It's possible that this card is near-marginal with this cam and lesser-performing batches just aren't quite enough. I've noticed that apparently happening with a different card which was once my preferred choice ;)

Always best to use the cards which the manufacturer recommends as long as they are being reported as working well with other owners of your cam here on DCT (y)

Phil
Fair point!

Amazon say's it needs a regular SD card, but all of the cams I owned previously used Micro SD cards. Before I purchase one, do I need the micro or regular SD version? Also, any brand specifics I should stick clear of?
Should be a Mirco SD card. And suggest SanDisk Ultra A1 card or Samsung High endurance card!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W B1W 4
C B1W 1
Y B1W 12
J B1W 2
S B1W 9
Back