SD card problem 112 GO dashcam

yasduffy4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got the Nextbase 112 GO dashcam for christmas. Bought the Nextbase dashcams SD card kit (32GB micro SD card) everytime i insert the SD card the camera turns itself off. Is this a problem with the SD card or the camera? Thanks

Hello @yasduffy4

The unit should turn off if you insert the SD card when its on but you should then be able to turn it back on. Is this the case?

If you just power the 112 Go up in the car with the SD card inserted does it just start recording?

It doesn’t turn back on at all once the SD card is inserted. The blue light is on on the bottom left corner of the dashcam but nothing happens when I try to turn it back on.

That is strange - is this the only SD card you have? Where was it purchased?

The dash cam was purchased from Argos but the nextbase SD card was purchased from halfords. This is the only SD card i have that is suitable for the dashcam.

is there enough charge in the battery?

don't insert or remove the memory card while the camera is turned on
Ahh okay. I tried it turned off but still not working. Maybe something wrong with the camera. Thank you

are you plugging it into power or just trying to turn it on manually?
Trying it while its plugged into main power as my 12V doesnt work in my car at the minute

Not letting me upload a photo saying its too large. But ive literally just used a plug from an iphone charger, plugged the usb adapter from the dash cam into it and then plugged the dash cam in to charge it. Surely that should work as it has done before i got the SD card

Not letting me upload a photo saying its too large. But ive literally just used a plug from an iphone charger, plugged the usb adapter from the dash cam into it and then plugged the dash cam in to charge it. Surely that should work as it has done before i got the SD card

ok, iPhone charger would have done for an explanation, that would work fine, assuming your cable is good

if your 12 socket isn't working maybe use the cig lead and plug it into a friends car and see if it powers up

Back