SD card problem 112 GO dashcam

Hi all (happy new year too)
I bought a 112 for my wife for Xmas and I had the exact same problem when I put a SD card into the unit it wouldn’t power up, and the little red light was flash like a madman - I assumed the card was ok as it was a nextbase one.
I took it back to Halfords who first tested it with my card then they got a brand spanking new one from their own stocks (where mine had come from a few days earlier) and again the 112 wouldn’t boot up - they RMA’ed the unit and gave me a new 112 and I even tested my card and it booted up fine and formatted no issues.
There must be a bad batch of 112’s floating about - when I get home I’ll see if I have the serial number of the old unit so Tiffany can x-check with any more that might get reported US.

Hi all (happy new year too)
I bought a 112 for my wife for Xmas and I had the exact same problem when I put a SD card into the unit it wouldn’t power up, and the little red light was flash like a madman - I assumed the card was ok as it was a nextbase one.
I took it back to Halfords who first tested it with my card then they got a brand spanking new one from their own stocks (where mine had come from a few days earlier) and again the 112 wouldn’t boot up - they RMA’ed the unit and gave me a new 112 and I even tested my card and it booted up fine and formatted no issues.
There must be a bad batch of 112’s floating about - when I get home I’ll see if I have the serial number of the old unit so Tiffany can x-check with any more that might get reported US.
Heyy!! So ive got it sorted! All i did was made sure the unit was switched off before inserting the card. Once i did so the SD card had to be formatted which i did and now works fine!! Had to make sure it was fully charged too

Back