SD Card Recommendation

WPV

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've read through the posts available, the INNOVV K2 website, and the INNOVV K2 Installation Guide that came with the system. I found lots of basic SD card general information about card characteristics, but no specific recommendation of a brand of card, speed class or bus speed found to be the best for the K2. I thought I had read that the K2 DVR didn't do as well with a ScanDisk installed, but can't find that comment again. I will probably use something larger than 64 GB. I am ready to bench test mine. A little help from someone running a K2 would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
The K2 are based on the same SOC as several of the new dual dashcams, and in the open it some seem to be fussy about the memory cards.
And yeah with 2 channels i would choose 128 Gb too as a minimum.
Sadly the K2 are brand new so not yet many users out there, but i think the seller have done some initial testing.

Stick with known good cards like Samsung U3, SanDisk A1 or higher and you should be fine, main concern is make sure you buy from a legitimate source, lots of fakes out there

Reactions: WPV
My cameras were suplied with an SD card as an incentive for pre ordering in the UK. It is an "Integral" 64gb card and seems to work ok. I have been told by taxi drivers here that they all use 'High Endurance' cards as they last longer with all the re-writing.

The memory card, no matter of class / brand / price will often be the weak link in a system, this is why dashcams are still not set and forget, and it is recommended to take a look at the memory card on the computer now and then.
It take me about 5 minutes to verify a 128 Gb memory card are good.
What i do is make sure some files can launch on my computer with the player i use there, and then i focus on first and last files in drive sessions and look for them not starting in strange places.
If you are anything like me you will notice you often drive the same routes to and from favorite places.
But if you have a driving session that start 1 mile from your house, then clearly have have been a issue, same if a session are interrupted in the middle with recording stopping while you drive along, and then start up recording again, thats things to look out for.
you dont have to play all files or view each file in its entirety, that would take as long as it took recording them, i just watch a few seconds of the files ( start/stop ) and then some i choose at random.

My front & rear system get inspected often as its from that one i mainly get footage for my uploads, some of the other cameras might be months in between.
Also i dont drive that much, maybe 2-3 hours every week in total.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L K2 10
Back